Chapter 106: Running

Edric's P.O.V.

Feral. That's what I see. Like from back in the forest. He's just going ballistic and willing to cut her to ribbons for threatening me. She lets go of the chain and backs off. Hunter grabs the handle of the chain and undoes the jaw clamping onto his skin. She readies her magic, firing at him but he blocks it by using the big jaw-like clamp as a shield. But now he raises his icicle to her. Not to her head, but to her hand.

A bloodcurdling scream emits so loud, anyone could hear it! Someone's gotta hear this if they haven't heard the fight before! She holds her hand in pain but still backing away. I dash behind Hunter, wrapping my arms around him and pulling him back. "Hunter! We've gotta go!"

And he rushes to her, hitting her in the side of the face with the clamp. He won't stop till she's dead! Now he aims to hit her in her forehead, to bash in her skull, but he's pulled back by purple goo. In the corner of my eye is large, muscular man dressed in purple. "Kikimora. How hard is it to keep one little pest at bay?" The got wraps around Hunter by the torso, restraining his arms as it also wraps around his legs, causing him to fall on his side. Walking to Hunter who's very vulnerable, he pulls him up and back. Kikimora huffs and puffs in exhaustion before falling back in relief while holding her hand in agonizing pain.

"Let him go!" The big guy focuses his attention to me for a second. "And what will you do?" His eyebrows furrow with a smile, showing his arrogance. He's right... Hunter's being captured again, and I'm too weak... He lifts him up and pulls him to his side, holding him with one muscular arm and having Hunter pinned against his body as he walks off, ignoring Kikimora's pain. "Wait!" She rushes off to him. "I'm taking credit! You probably just waited to take the glory!"

Hunter helplessly struggles in that muscular arm. Let's attack him from be- "AHHH!" The big guy screeches in pain, bending down while holding his ear as blood falls to the floor.

Hunter is freed from the gooey prison, running to his icicle weapon and picking it up. Looking closer, I see Hunter has bitten off the guy's ear. The blood on his lips dripping from above the top lip to his chin. He wipes the blood with his glove, smearing it all over one side of his mouth and cheek.

He picks up the second icicle he dropped. "RUN!" He shouts, running to me as he places both spears in his left hand to grab mine. "Emira! Let's go!" He yells, running through the hall as we both follow for safety. We need to hide rather than run, so I pull him and Emira around a corner to find a room to hide away in.

(Spelling? How is it? Boring story? I ask because not much romance)