Dressed For Success

I slept for quite a while after Katie and Victoria had left for class. I woke up around half past eleven feeling so much better than before. I threw the duvet off and got up, stretching my limbs out if anything just to make sure they were working. I was feeling a bit hungry again but I wasn't sure what I wanted. Then I spied our mini fridge. Last year Katie had brought a mini fridge she acquired off her older brother who had just finished university and left accommodation. I remembered I had bought some strawberry yoghurts not long ago and they should still be in date. Grabbing one of the teaspoons out of the little cutlery caddy near a small travel kettle we used for making tea, I set about devouring the yoghurt. It was nice and cool and I savoured every single mouthful.

I didn't know what to do with myself though, it wasn't often I was on my own for any lengthy amount of time. I turned the TV on, flicked through my phone for a bit and randomly dozed and napped occasionally. It wouldn't be long before Katie and Victoria came back though, classes always finished early on Friday at two o'clock mainly because our days lasted slightly longer Monday through to Thursday.

Deciding I'd had enough of feeling a bit sorry for myself, I figured I'd put some clothes on and go outside for some fresh air. I threw on my clean Sports kit; the comfiest jogging bottoms ever known to man that were part of our P.E. uniform went on along with the standard purple school crested t-shirt, school hoody and my favourite trainers. I even threw a beanie on my head if anything just to show that I had been poorly and not part of some fashion statement. I told June and Julie that I was nipping out for some fresh air which they agreed was a good idea, so lon as I didn't get a chill. It wasn't far off the end of the school day so I could sit outside the main building and wait for my friends. It was a nice temperature outside and had stayed dry today which suited me just fine. I took a few deep breaths of the clean countryside air as I meandered over to a small bench at the front of the main building, looking out over the front lawns.

'Ah much better.' I said to myself, smiling as I shoved my hands in to my hoodie pockets.

There was a bit of noise happening behind me, some of the students must have been allowed to leave some classes early. They were milling about; some waiting for their rides or their friends to et out of their classes. I could see the odd sleek and fancy car making its way up the main drive to the car park round the side where they would wait for whoever they were picking up. Then I swore I could've heard the engine of a really obnoxious sounding car getting closer. It was really loud, in fact it sounded like a rally car.

By this point school had finished and the entire yard was teaming with kids. The obnoxious sounding car sounded like it was getting closer.

'Hey Maddie! What are you doing outside?' Katie squealed as she walked over to me with Victoria by her side.

'Oh nothing, I was feeling better so I decided to get some fresh air.' I replied half heartedly. I saw something out of the corner of my eye. The loud, obnoxious sounding car was barrelling it's way at some speed up the drive. Katie and Victoria had just noticed what I was looking at.

'It's my Auntie Morrigan.' I stated, recognising the car instantly; a black E28 BMW from the eighties that was considered one of her babies. Auntie M had a thing for cars and spared no expense at getting what she wanted. She had slowed down a bit as she drove on to the gravel at the front of the school as there were kids everywhere but she didn't stop until she grinded to a halt right behind the bench I was sat on; the gravel casting away from the BMW's wide tyres. Katie, Victoria and I rushed round to the drivers side.

'Hey guys.' Auntie M grinned at us as she shut the door and leant against her car. I could feel all the eyes of the other kids boring holes in to my back as they glared at my Auntie Morrigan. Honestly she was the coolest person I've ever known. We were about the same height but right now she was towering over me in a pair of Christian Louboutin heels she was wearing with a black pencil skirt and a really luxurious silk Versace blouse. She quickly gave Katie and Victoria a hug then gave me the longest, tightest squeeze.

'Auntie M, it's great to see you and all but I thought you were coming tomorrow?' I said to her as she was holding my face in her hands, visually giving me the once over.

'Nope. I came up today because in half an hour... I have a job interview.'

'A job interview?'

'Yes, a job interview.' Auntie M confirmed. 'But you already knew that... didn't you.' She finished, grinning at me slightly.

Yeah I did know, days ago. What the fuck is going on?