1. | red wine.

Livvy Grant

"sixteen-year old, female, black hair. Brown eyes, brown skin, white and gray nails, five eight , hundred-fifteen pounds, underweight. Last seen wearing a pink crop top, black ripped jeans hair down. Missing for three weeks. Last seen September fifth. Reward money one-thousand three hundred dollars. (Amount will be raised every week.) If found please call 203-757-989. Thank you -Anna and Alex Grant."

I stare at the poster outside my apartment complex's door, underweight? What the hell? They think they know everything about me since they adopted me, but don't know why I ran away. I rip down the poster and put it in my pocket. I have always been able to get away from the bullshit, I got myself away and that's all that matters. I have always been great at cutting myself loose from people who don't want me for me. Everyone has always told me that's not how you live. But it's my way of living.

I haven't eaten since two days ago. I'm managing but I can't do this shit any longer. But I have too, I have to keep going. For me. I got enrolled at New Haven high school in Connecticut for my junior year. I changed my last name to Dowers, sent in a picture, showed them some random people online who I said we're my "grandparents" and boom I got in. I need an education just for a little while longer so I can enroll in a community college and get a job to make a living till I die or get arrested one or the other.

So I smoke once and a while on the side of the road. I stole my adopted dad's car. I stole 400,000 from my adoptive parents bank account. I stole clothes from a few stores. I murdered my ex boyfriend. But no one knows. How would they? I'm a great liar and a possible psychopath. As they say the name fits the person.

I walk into the little apartment I bought for a measly one-hundred thousand and sit on the floor. I didn't care to buy furniture, just a bed and a table. It's all I really needed. I open my bank account through my phone and withdraw another fifty-thousand from Alex's bank account for this month's groceries and log out.

They think they got hacked by some hacker on the internet but no matter how many accounts they make they stick to the same password and username every time along with the same bank account. Idiots. I chuckle and smile to myself as the thought crosses my mind.

I'm a psychopath that doesn't give two flying fucks. If they want to call me a psycho, call me it. I won't fucking care. I pull myself off the ground as the blankets on the ground stick to me. I bought myself a mirror and kid you not one of the best decisions I have made. I'm wearing a white crop top and black leggings, my go to outfit.

Life won't give you compliments, It won't praise you in victory, and it won't let you cherish your best moments. Because lifes a bitch. It's selfish and cruel along with happiness and joy. You have to do it all yourself. So that's what I'll do.

I lost myself over a relationship with a guy who just wanted to take my virginity. I lost myself over people who wanted nothing to do with me. So here I will look at myself in the mirror and say 'good job'. I promised myself to never let my guard down. I promised that I wouldn't fall into the same trap again.

So I stand and walk over to the cabinet. There's wine in this one. People always tell me I look older than I should be. I personally don't see it, But I made a fake id saying I'm 21 and buy myself wine whenever and wherever I want. I pour the red wine into a glass and swirl it around. I'm mesmerized by it. The way it looks like blood and everything brings me right back to that night.

~ ~

We were driving down the road at 50 miles per hour and talking. I say to take a left and he does. I say to take a right and he does. We then entered a one way road going faster than the speed limit. He cheated on me and I found out a week before. I have been planning my revenge ever since that moment. Yes there was more of a "logical" answer instead of killing him, but it wasn't my version of "logical".

I unbuckled my seat belt as I saw the car. I unlocked the door and smirked. I knew what I was doing and I was ready for it. He cursed and screamed. I had never seen him that terrified. I sighed peacefully. The car came and when it was ten feet away from us I jumped out. I crashed and landed on the grass, my wrist very much broken and my legs and shoulders killing me. But all I did was smile at the two cars that were lit on fire.

~ ~

I sigh, taking another sip of my wine. It's been almost a month since he died. I ran away the week after. When the "sudden tragedy" reached the news I smiled at his parents crying to the reporters. The thought never crossed that I had also killed an innocent man. But the more the merrier right?

I'm about to go take a shower but then my doorbell rings. I go to open it and there's no one there. I roll my eyes thinking it's a ding-dong ditches till I see a package. I don't recall ordering anything, I drop down and pick it up. I close the door and open it on the counter. There's a gun inside, A gun is inside the package and there's a note that's taped to it. I gasp when I read it.

"To the killer of Elijah Mathews."

{wc: 1008}

* SEMI EDITED*

Hi!!

I hope you guys liked the first chapter,

Quick question: have you ever been in a relationship?

M: I have never been in one but I romanticize everything lmao

Okay that's it for now, have a great day!! see you at the end of chapter 2

- M