4. | black coffee.

Marcus Hudson

She is many things. Many many things. She's infuriating, cute, sarcastic, and funny and so much more. But one thing she's good at is firing a gun.

We're standing in one of the far sections of the shooting range. When they asked what we were practicing shooting for we said hunting. We obviously couldn't say killing, but the hunting pack offered foam deer that moved around the actual target. It's supposed to help when you're out and about shooting deer, but we're using it if the principals of New Haven decided to run away. She's really good. Better than I'll ever be.

We've been here a good thirty-five minutes and so far she hasn't missed one deer. We each get 40 minutes to shoot for the one-hundred and forty we paid. Talk about being affordable.

She paid for her forty minutes and I paid for mine. I offered to pay but she didn't let me. I just shrugged my shoulders and watched her swipe her card. The man who was at the register, who looked about twenty-four or twenty-five chuckled then looked at me.

"Your friend here is a real woman for turning you down like that," He leans over the counter  with his hands supporting him then looks up at her.

I don't know why but my blood starts to boil. This man is almost ten years older than her and  is still trying to screw her.

I don't know what I thought would happen. Livvy is Livvy. She's the type of girl any guy of any age would want to date. Let alone fall for her.

"Aren't you such a piece of sugar," She looked at him then back at me.

"You turn Hudson," She told me.

"Nice nickname" I chuckled.

"It's a cute one too," She adds.

I know exactly what she was doing, she was trying to get the guy to leave but of course, he didn't.

She leaned back against the counter with her back towards the guy. I looked up from swiping my card and she, not surprisingly, looked me dead in the eye. She's wearing blue ripped jeans a white cropped top and a blue flannel. Of Course, this guy would've wanted her.

Who wouldn't? Me. I wouldn't. No matter how hot or cute she is. I wouldn't fall for her. Sure I tried to kill her. But then she did the same thing back.

Livvy is Livvy that's for sure. She isn't gonna put up with anyone's bullshit. So I won't put up with her bullshit. Plus driving her crazy is fun. She rolls her eyes, then she fights the urge to kill me. A perfectly understanding statement. I can be a dick I'm not saying I can't. The only reason I deserve to die and go to hell is for my killing. The game I play of killing.

The clock near us goes off and brings me back to the present

Her forty minutes are almost up. I can tell she's annoyed that the employees keep having to run in and switch the deer because she keeps "killing them".

"We paid seventy bucks each for these forty minutes and yet I've only actually shot the gun for thirty ," She looks at me then back at the field after an employee gives her a thumbs up.

She takes a deep breath and the deer starts moving. She fires the gun and it hits one right in the chest. A perfect kill. She waits for a second and then quickly fires the gun. It goes through the first deer and then directly behind into the second. 2 kills in 1. My jaw drops to the ground and I don't bother to pick it up. Everyone turns to look at her but she doesn't look away from the dancing deer.

The flannel falls off her shoulders hanging by her elbows. Her wavy black hair faded into a brown and her brown skin shining in the light. I can tell out of the corner of my eye everyone's watching her. I highly doubt it's because she just shot 2 deer at the same time.