41. | the m&m counter.

Livvy Grant

"Fuck!" Brooks say quickly putting his mug back on the table. "That's hot!"

"Morgan just set the mugs down, and you think it's not going to be hot?" I shake my head in disappointment.

Morgan chuckles as she sets down the rest of the drinks on coasters as she walks away with the tray tucked underneath her arm.

"Owie," Brooks drags the word as he takes a spoonful of sugar and drops it on his tongue.

"What in hell's damn name did you just do?" Blake -who's sitting next to me- asks as he stares at him in disgust.

"You never learned that if you put sugar on a burn, it'll soothe it?" Brooks says grabbing a napkin as he places the sugar back.

Marcus drops his head into his hand as he shakes it disappointed as he chuckles.

"What?" Brooks ask offended as Marcus raises his head back up smiling.

"Nothing Brooks," He snickers. "Everything is splendid,"

We all burst into a small laughter as Brooks rolls his eyes and smiles.

We're all currently sitting in Alma's having coffee and just hanging out. Zay is currently telling us his story on how he started in the business.

He apparently wasn't allowed to hack at all because his parents thought that it would get him into trouble.

So when he moved out with his aunt and uncle he had the freedom to hack all he wanted.

"So basically you're living with your aunt and uncle and they don't have a clue that you're doing this?" Mon asks placing her hands around the mug.

"Basically," He laughs looking down at the table.

"And I thought I was sneaky," She nods smiling.

We all continue are conversations, jumping form subject to subject. We end up staying there for at least two hours.

Talking, chatting up a storm. Laughing till our stomach's hurt.

It's nice. Really nice.

"But imagine!" Lonny laughs. "Imagine if I ended up with the boy I 'quote-on quote' loved when I was thirteen,"

"I would sincerely question all of your choices," I say and we all break into laughter for a moment before we jump to another subject.

I notice Blake seem to be stressing about something as he looks down at his empty mug. His arms are folded across him and his knee is shaking like crazy.

I lean over a little just so he only he can hear me.

"Are you okay Blake?" I whisper and he looks at me jumpy and gives me an almost irritated face.

"Yeah yeah," He says quickly. "I'm fine,"

He gives me a half smile and I can tell he knows that I don't buy it.

"Okay," I return his smile before he opens his mouth again.

"Can you drop me off later?" He asks and I nod.