34. | official official dating.

Marcus Hudson

"So you're staying home in order to talk to a girl you met on Snapchat instead of coming out to kill with us?" I say trying to follow along with what Brooks is telling me and Nick.

It's Monday night and like usual, me and Nick are skipping tomorrow to go kill. Brooks on the other hand is skipping tomorrow for the fun of skipping.

"Exactly," He says replying to someone.

"Damn someone's in love," I chuckle eyeing him.

"I am not in love," He deadpans looking up at me. "Nick tell him,"

"I mean, you're not killing so you can talk to some girl, it's a seems like you like her a little bit," He says throwing some body bags into a reusable bag to hide them.

Brooks doesn't even let him stop talking for a second before sitting criss-cross and throwing a throw pillow at him.

"What happened to you and Belle?" I ask sitting next to him while taking s sip of my Mountain Dew.

"What happened to you and Nadi?" He retorts.

"My question first," I say plugging my phone in by the night stand.

The worst thing you want to have is a dead phone on the job.

"Nothing," He sighs. "All she wanted was a hookup anyway,"

"And what do you think about that?" I say.

"I don't want my relationships to just be a hookup anymore," He says throwing his head back on the couch.

"Is that why you like this girl?" I ask.

"Evie, yeah that's why I like her," He smiles at the thought of her. "She doesn't want to just send pictures or fuck, she wants to get to know me,"

"Evie's a pretty name," Nick says sitting over on the couch next to the one we're sitting on. "And she sounds nice,"

"Her real name is Genevieve," He says smiling up at the ceiling. "It's pretty, just like her,"

"Is she blonde," I ask smiling. In all the time I've ever known Brook, he's only gone after blondes.

"Yeah," He smiles at us. "Golden blonde hair, and blue eyes,"

"Damn someone's down bad," I say before Brook elbows me.

"Hey hey you can't hide the truth," I say laughing.

"Okay my question now," He says. "What's going on with you and Nadi,"

"We just kissed because we knew Addi was behind us," I shrug. Nadi hasn't talked to me once since the party even though I've reached out to her. "She hasn't talked to me since, she honestly just pretends I don't exist,"

"Are you mad about it?" Nick asks.

"No," I say. "Because I knew she wouldn't stick around,"

They both nod and we sit in a silence for a few minutes before Nick speaks up.

"Okay we've gotta get going if we're going to make it on time," He says standing up. "You sure you don't want to come with B?"