38. | deja vu.

Marcus Hudson

*A/N: violence and gore trigger warning for the whole chapter*

"Y'all are fucking psychos!" Addi screams at us as yet another body drops to the floor in front of me.

"We prefer the term sociopaths, but hey, that works too," I smirk at her.

"Why are you doing this?! It's not worth it!" She screams trying to free herself from the rope that's tied her to the register counter.

"It's a hundred percent worth it," Rookie says taking a sip of her Monster. "We get payed, and we get to watch people be in pain,"

"Why would ever want to do that?" She looks at her with confusion and tears in her eyes.

"Well," Rookie sighs sitting cris-cross in front of her. "When you've only been hurt all your life, some people develop a type of pain that makes you crave to see people hurt,"

Addi looks at her wide eyed and scared.

"A pain that makes you want to see innocent people die, because you once were innocent too," She continues. "Now see Addi, we weren't handed everything on a gold plater, we had to work for shit,"

She pulls her knife out and starts inching it closer to Addi's throat. "And you, you walk around making fun of people, making fun of their anxiety and depression, something I don't take lightly,"

"Livvy please," She says as the knife is centimeters away from her throat. "I'm sorry, I don't want to die,"

"No one does," Livvy sighs.

"Please I promise! I won't tell anyone!" She says and Rookie holds the knife right under her jaw.

"But as soon as you get out of here you'll run to the cops, and you'll be the hero," Rookie smiles. "Why in hell would I ever let you go,"

"No!" She screams tears running down her eyes. "Please!"

"Want me to tell mommy or daddy any last words?" Rookie says in a sweet tone.

"Liv-" She starts before Rookie stabs the knife right above her heart. She chokes on her words before her eyes start to roll back into her head.

"Well shit," I say chuckling.

"You think she deserved it?" Rookie says wiping the blood of her knife again.

"Of course," I nod looking over the station.

"Good," She smiles before she winces and touches her jaw and cheek lightly.

"Hey hold on let me see that," I say walking over to her.

I stand in front of her and she lifts up her face by a few centimeters. They're bruises down the left side of her face and right under her bottom lip and the side of it there's a cut.

It's small and doesn't need stitches, but it needs to be cleaned.

"I need to clean that," I say and she gives me a confused look.

"Oh hell no," She retorts. "I'll clean it myself,"

"No." I say strictly, I'm not letting her walk around with a cut that can get infected

"Yes," She says walking away from me, before I lightly grab her arm.

"You're not cleaning that cut, I know you will flinch when the alcohol is on the cut, and if you don't bandage it correctly it will get infected," I explain as her eyes light in fury with every word. "So stop being so damn stubborn for ten minutes and let me bandage the cut,"