37. | driving like a maniac. 

Livvy Grant

"Please tell me why in hell I ever agreed to this in the first place?" I ask B who's currently eating my supply of kettle chips.

He shrugs and puts a few more chips in his mouth. "You said and I quote 'fine' so you can't blame anyone,"

"I don't want to do this," I say standing up straight. "Nope, I'm backing out,"

Brooks looks at me with a 'seriously' look. "It's not that hard, you say hi to Mark, you bicker like children, you get to the station, you turn off the cameras,"

"How are we supp-"

"Then you go stab stab stabby stab," He makes a motion with his hand. "Then you say 'oh Mark we did it! I love you and I hate Jacob',"

"Okay no that's not happening," I say eyeing me and he looks at me with disappointment.

"Well that's disappointing," He says before shrugging. "Anyway, you say 'oh yay! we did it'," He says trying to mimic my voice.

"I do not sound like that," I say offended.

"More or less," He says. "Okay then, you take the bodies to the forest and bury them, then you use the key to my apartment, and then you say goodnight and fall asleep in the guest room,"

He looks very happy with himself. While I'm seriously questioning him.

"I- I really do question that B," I say truthfully.

"Does he even know you guys are killing?" He says out of the blue.

Well.

"You didn't tell him?!" He says with a 'WTF' face.

"Well I thought I could convince you to do it!" I say before he slides my phone across the counter.

"Call him." He deadpans. "Or I will,"

"Call Marcus," I say as I hit the side button.

"Calling Marcus," The automated voice repeats back.

The line rings for a minute before it connects.

"What do you want?" He asks.

"Damn, not even a 'hello'?" I ask chuckling.

"I didn't get one last time," He says. "Anyway, what's up?"

"Well above you would be the ceiling, above that is another apartment, above that is the roof, above that is the sk-"

"I'm going to hang up on you," He says cutting me off.

Before I can respond B spins the phone to face him and clears his throat.

"If you hang up on her," He says in a really deep voice. "I will beat you the fuckity fuck up,"

"Tell your boyfriend I can beat him any day," Marcus chuckles.

"Uh, that's Brooks," I laugh.

"Hi Marky!" He chirps and I can hear him groan.