26. | stale pretzels.

Livvy Grant

"So I should be there around six?" I ask Jacob as I put my dishes in the sink.

"Uh yeah, doors open around then," He responds looking at me over our FaceTime.

"Okay cool," I respond.

His game's today and in his opinion this is the way of me paying him back for the bracelet he bought me.

I still wear it everyday, it is really pretty.

"I have a feeling that this game will be a good one," He says.

"Yeah?" I ask putting the dishes in the dishwasher. "Why is that?"

"Because you're coming," He smiles at me.

Awh.

I smile at him. "Don't you usually bring people to your game?"

"No," He pauses.

He's currently sitting at the kitchen counter eating toast. The game doesn't start for another seven hours, but we said we would start getting ready around four.

"Ivy used to come to my games," He says letting go of a breath, a breath it seems like he didn't know he was holding.

"Jake," I say before he can say more. "You don't have to say anything if you don't want to, I don't mean to push,"

He simply shakes his head taking a sip of his water.

"No, you aren't, I like that you actually want to get to know people," He says toying with his fingers. "You aren't some girl that just wants to get to know the guy so she can fuck him,"

"I'll take that as a compliment," I chuckle grabbing my phone and walking back into my room.

I need to make this fucking bed.

"Oh of course, it's a compliment," He smiles before going back to thinking.

"My parents are always on business trips and things like that, so they don't even bother to try and come anymore," He says.

I decide to just sit down and listen, I can make the bed a little later. This conversation is important.

"Ivy, she made an effort to come, like she would switch around her schedule once she found out when my game was,"

"I really wish I could meet her, she seems like an amazing person," I say looking at his eyes.

The pretty pacific blue ones.

"She is," He looks out the window. "I wish I knew where she was,"

"I think you'll find her one day,"

"One day," He breathes.

He switches the conversation over to our project in French which we turned in a few days ago. We're hoping we get a good grade on it.

I don't think I mentioned it but Addi sits on the other side of the room away from us.

Thank the fucking lord.