42. | national treasure this shit.

Marcus Hudson

Books can take you to places life can't, and currently, I'm wishing that life can take me to those places.

A world where princes and princesses are still the forms of government. A world where everyone has magical powers and has to defeat a force of evil. A world where life is an escape game and everything is life or death. A world where marrying for love is ultimately the right decision instead of marrying for power or control.

But currently, that's not where I am. I am currently watching another one of the many fights that happen on the school grounds.

This time it's between Jacob and Nate. And this might be the only right thing I've ever seen Jacob do in his life, which is fight for Rookie.

Apparently, that fucker called her a bitch and said a bunch more things about her which I hate to repeat because it's just plain fucked.

If it was me, Nate would be dead in seconds. But since Jacob isn't an assassin, all he can do is beat Nate's nose into his face.

Sad, isn't it?

I walked in this morning to find Rookie practically calling out Nate for everything he said about her. It was no surprise to anyone that a fight was going to break out the second Jacob stood behind glaring at him as if he was going to kill him.

If only he would actually kill him, it would be good entertainment and would make Jacob just a little interesting.

I mean you can't tell me that Jacob isn't the normal high school boyfriend. Blonde hair, girls that whipped for him, "all-star" sports player, perfect scores, and perfect body.  From what he talks about and what everyone knows he has a great life.

Big house, has good parents, a good amount of money, throws parties regularly, a nice car, and gets almost every girl he could ever want. I say 'almost' because not every girl wants him.

I notice some girls rolling their eyes when he walks past or some girls will flip him off when his back is turned. I mean if I was a girl and he came up to me, I would run away.

Okay, now you're being mean.

"Who do you think is going to win?" Brooks whispers a little loud next to me.

"Jacob," I say nodding with pure confidence.

There is no doubt in anyone's mind that Jacob will not win, I mean he had a head start and everything. But part of me wants his ass to lose so he can feel what it's like to not get everything you want.

No matter the age or gender or behavior, the last thing a child deserves is to go through the pain I went through. No kid deserves being whipped with a belt or having their most prized memories and happiness ripped away from them.

No one deserves such a sick thing.

Salt can look like sugar. Water can look like alcohol. Love can look like hate.

I blink a few times to get my horrible thoughts out of my head and focus back on the present.

"Alright Alright! Boys! That's enough!" Vice Principal Thomas calls through his hands as he weaves through the crowd.