24. | cursed wrapping paper.

Livvy Grant

I wake up to the sun shining through my windows and my alarm blaring.

Ah the joyous tunes of an alarm clock.

I turn over and hit the snooze button on my phone. Turning to my side and pull the blankets over my arms so it's all of it is covering my skin.

It's about nine-thirty, I have to be up by ten so we'll all be ready for Nick's birthday.

My phone starts buzzing signaling a call from someone. I groan reaching over and picking it up.

"Hello?" I say my voice laced with sleep.

"Morning sunshine," I hear Jacob's voice all sweet.

Oh right, there is still school today.

"Morning," I say rubbing my eyes.

"Are you okay?" He asks.

"Yeah I'm fine, why?" I ask siting up the blanket still covering my legs.

"Good, you've just not been here a lot, I thought you were sick again," He says.

"Yeah," I chuckle. "I just didn't want to go, so I skipped,"

"Noted,"

"You're at school yeah? Why's it so quiet?" I ask standing up and cracking my neck.

"Oh yeah! I asked to go to the bathroom so I could call you and walk around the halls," He says.

"You're kinda skipping to call me?" I ask laughing.

"Yeah?" He drags the word. "What's wrong with it?"

"Nothing, it's just sweet," I say.

"Well I better get going, I don't want to get screamed at," He says.

"Yeah yeah, just don't let your phone die, okay?" I tell him walking into my bathroom.

"I won't I promise, I'll text you okay?" He says.

"Alright," I smile to myself.

We bid our goodbyes and I hang up.

I set my phone on the counter and finish my business and wash my hands staring to comb through my hair.

Okay new goal. Try and eat two meals a day.

I know it's not a complete three meals, but we have to start somewhere.

I already eat dinner and a couple of snacks, I can do this. I know I can.

I pull my hair back into a ponytail and dip my head down to splash the warm water in my face.

I do my skincare and go to through my little morning routine.

I walk out into the kitchen and look through my pantry for something to eat. I know we're going to be eating pizza and cake at dinner tonight so best to keep it light.

I finally decide on oatmeal and a glass of chocolate milk.

I do not accept chocolate milk slander here, and what can I say I'm a kid at heart.

A kid at heart but the mind of a killer.

I make my oats and sit down at the counter scrolling through social media. I open my Snapchat and scroll through my memories trying to find a picture of Nick.

I finally find one from when we were walking through the halls during passing time with L.

I add a 'happy 18 dipshit' to the photo and then tag Nick in it before putting it on my story.