17. | school fights.

Marcus Hudson

"Brooks take a breath will you? He's not even here today," I say shaking my head.

Brooks and I are currently sitting at our table planning out Nick's birthday. He's turning eighteen soon and we wanted to do something a little big for him.

He told us yesterday at lunch that the one big thing he wants to do before his nineteen is quitting smoking.

He said it's not worth it anymore and the more he does it it's just ruining him. Pleased to say that we all were very proud of the guy.

He said he's been smoking since he was fifteen which is when he started killing. At first he did it just because it was fun, now it's like he's setting himself up for losing his lungs.

London looked at him like a proud mother and we all thought she was going to cry. The two of them have known each other since they were thirteen.

Just Nick was homeschooled most of his life before- well something big happened and then they just started killing together.

Not going to lie but when I first met them I thought they were dating. Which honestly is just a bad habit at this point.

I don't like thinking just because a guy and a girl are close means they're dating. A guy and a girl can just be friends and London and Nick are the perfect example of that.

"No, I know he's not here, but like what if we don't get anything done in time?" Brooks says quickly opening the bag of chips and almost spilling them.

"Okay let's first breathe," Livvy says looking up from her phone. "But let's also not spill the chips we bought a minute ago,"

Mon clicks her tongue to the roof of her mouth and points at Livvy.

"Okay so I was thinking what about a movie and the arcade?" She suggests.

"Ooh I love that," London adds. "We could also order pizza and maybe watch the movie at home,"

"That sounds nice," I agree. "Something casual but fun,"

"Okay all in favor of doing a arcade-pizza-at-home party say 'aye'," Brooks says crumbling up the chip bag.

"Aye," We all say almost at the same exact time.

"Then it's settled," Brooks says smiling, his phone buzzes and he smiles down at it.

"Ooh who's the lucky person?" I tease.

"You wanna come kill with me?" He asks looking up.

"Really?" I ask rather surprised.

"Yeah, there's a drug dealing going on downtown by this club -'night show' I think it's called and there's this one bitch named August, man he's fucking annoying," Brooks chuckles. "Anyway, he beat me up a little while back and he doesn't know he messed with the wrong person,"

"Wait a guy beat you up?" Livvy asks swirling her spoon around in her yogurt.

"Yeah sophomore year," He looks up while he talks.