11. | crying while annotating.

Livvy Grant

Do you know what's annoying? When Marcus Hudson calls you when you're trying to annotate a book. Like, shut up.

I'm trying to write notes and tab my favorite part in a book, whatever you need to tell me can wait.This is the seventh time he has called me. Seventh. It's disturbing my peace, which is very important thank you very much.

It's currently two-fifteen, school was canceled today due to the power going out. Apparently, they were fixing some wiring near the gym and accidentally removed the wrong cords and shut down the electricity.

So that's just wonderful if you ask me. So here I am a day off from school listening to the very quiet music playing from my playlist trying to read and annotate a book, and Marcus is spamming me with texts messages and calls.

I mentally facepalm myself. Livvy 'Do Not Disturb' was invented for a reason.

I quickly grab my phone and turn the 'DND' feature on and then place it back on the nightstand. I open my book back up and start reading again.

While I'm reading my find starts wandering everywhere. I'm losing my train of thought every few seconds and I can't focus. It causes me to place my bookmark in the book and look up staring at the corner of the wall trying to center my thoughts again, which main focus is the game.

I found out last night that Nick's on the team too, Brook is supposed to know that but of course, he forgot. London or 'Londy' (which we like to call her.) and Mon are slowly making mends they started talking a little bit more to each other but anger and grudges don't go away overnight.

My phone buzz's over and over again which finally snaps me out of my thoughts. So much for 'Do Not Disturb'.

I finally pick my phone up to find 37 notifications.

10 from Snapchat.

2 from Instagram.

10 missed calls from 'handsome'.

15 new messages from 'handsome'.

Marcus Hudson, I swear to god.

I don't even open the messages and then I get another call from him. This little-.

"What the hell do you want?!" I asked picking up the call putting it on speaker and throwing it on my bed which lands in the middle.

"Geez, I don't get a hello?" He chuckles.

"No." I deadpan. "I was reading and your fucking disturbing me,"

"Go cry about it," He says in a fake pity voice.

"I was going to!" I almost shout. "I was getting to the sad part in the book and I was ready to markdown notes, tab the books and listen to music. But you decided to spam me with messages and calls!" I explain to him almost shouting.

"Listen you're alive right now, so you're probably breathing right?" He asks.

"Your point?" I say closing my book and grabbing my pens, highlighters, and tabs, and putting them into my pouch.