Chapter 76: Ain't That a Pitty

I quickly followed Jake as he stormed out of the studio, completely ignoring the fans still waiting outside. I felt guilty as I saw their faces drop in disappointment as he hopped back onto the bus, slamming the door behind him. I felt their eyes shoot over to me, still somewhat hopeful, but I knew I wasn't the one they wanted to see. And I knew there was no way I was going to be able to make him come back out to see them, not like this.

"Jake.." I said, following him on. I could see him laying on the bed in the back room, facing the wall.
"Jake?" I said, coming in and sitting down on the corner of the bed. He didn't turn around.
"What." He snapped. I reached out to touch his arm, but he quickly pulled it away.
"I just think we should t-"
"I don't want to talk about it." He said plainly. "I could only imagine how much worse it's actually going to be." My stomach dropped. He was right. I'm sure that was nothing compared to how the rest of the video was going to look.

"And worst of all.." He yelled, now sitting up to face me. "Josh didn't even deny it. So now as far as everyone's concerned, you two are together." My cheeks burned.
"Jake, I just.. I don't want to go back to that. We're finally in a good place, I don't want this to ruin it.. please." I said, feeling my heart start to beat faster. He shrugged, flipping over.
"Well, what did you say to him?" He asked. "When he told you he loved you?" I bit down on my lip, hesitating. I wasn't completely sure what I had said, but I was sure that the video would show all of it.

"Jake, I'm not sure, it.. it was for the video, I just-" He sat back up, glaring at me.
"Really, Jess? After everything you expect me to believe you didn't mean any of it?"
"Maybe some of it, but then everything happened with us and.. what you said.. that changed everything for me. I just.. I want to be with you. Can we please just forget-"
"I'm not gonna be able to forget if it's constantly going to be shoved in my face like this." He snapped, glaring back at me. I felt tears start to come to my eyes. He sighed, looking away.
"Can I just be alone?" He said softly. I nodded, getting up, and going back into the main area of the bus. 

I looked outside to see that Danny, Sam, and Josh had come out of the studio, and were talking with the fans out front. At least they stopped to talk to them. When they came in, Josh shot me a look, biting down on his lip. Jake wasted no time, storming back out once he heard the door open.

"What the hell was that?" He yelled, going after Josh. Danny quickly jumped in, grabbing him and pulling him back. I could tell he's had to do this before.
"What was what?" Josh snapped. I saw Sam move in close, ready to intervene. "I didn't tell them anything." Jake's face got angrier as he swung, Danny quickly pulled him out of reach.

"You didn't deny anything either! That's just as bad! I know this is what you wanted the whole time, so congrats, you got it!" He said, finally pulling away from Danny. My heart started beating faster.

"I don't have anything!" Josh yelled, getting closer to Jake. Sam moved in, ready to grab him. "She loves you. Who cares what everyone thinks about us? Everyone can think whatever they want, but at the end of the day, she loves you! Sorry you had to see that, but it doesn't matter! Cause after everything, she still only wanted you!" Jake shook his head, going back into the bedroom, slamming the door behind him.

"Cancel the last interview!" Jake called out. "I'm not doing it."
"We'll do it without you then." Josh snapped. "We're not canceling anything just because you're throwing a fit."
"Josh.." I said softly. He turned to me, shooting me a look, his cheeks burning red.
"We're not canceling." He said simply, sitting down at the table. "He can pull himself together for one more interview."

I looked over at Sam who's face dropped as he stared back at me. He sighed, sitting down next to Josh.
"We've.. we've done two already.. what else can they really ask us? We can just tell them.. we can't make it." Sam said. "We can't do it without him, Josh." Josh rolled his eyes, looking back out the window.
"Fine. If you want to cancel, then you call them, cause I'm not canceling."
"Fine." Sam sighed, peeking over at me. I nodded, giving him a subtle smile.
"Thank you." I mouthed.