Chapter 178: Trying

I woke up to the sound of Jake's gentle snoring in my ear, his grip around my waist getting tighter as he shifted, pulling me up against him. I couldn't help but smile, cuddling closer, nuzzling my face in his neck.

And then.. I noticed an overwhelmingly strong floral scent in the air.
Roses?

I finally opened my eyes, and my jaw dropped as I looked around. Completely surrounding the room were bouquets of roses, daises, and combinations of the two. There were red paper hearts dangling from the ceiling, pink and white streamers taped across the wall. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. I then turned over to see my end table, covered in cards, ranging in sizes and colors, boxes upon boxes of heart shaped candy placed around them.

I could hear my heart pounding in my ears, a smile spread across my lips so big that my face began to hurt. Peeking down at Jake, I could see him smiling, trying his hardest to hold it in.

"Did you do this?" I giggled, feeling my face get hot. He opened one eye, his smile growing.
"Maybe." He said sleepily, biting down on his lip. I crawled over him, pulling him into a passionate kiss. I could feel his lips curl into a smile as he reached up, gently caressing my neck, kissing me back harder.

"Happy day after Valentine's Day." He sighed, holding my face in his hand. "Sorry I took so long." I leaned my forehead against his, pulling him back into another series of kisses.
"How did you do all of this?" I asked, beaming from ear to ear. He shrugged, his cheeks burning.
"I was up.. early." He groaned. "And you're a heavy sleeper, apparently. But.. turns out, there are a lot of sales on the 15th." He giggled, pulling me back into another kiss.
"How long did this all take?" I asked, sitting back up. He reached over, taking my hand, intertwining our fingers.
"That doesn't matter." He said softly, his eyelids getting heavy again.
"Jake.." I sighed.
"A while." He giggled. "And I just got back to sleep. But.. I wanted to be here with you when you woke up."

"This is.. too much." I laughed, shaking my head.
"Jess, if anything, it's not enough. But it's as much as I could carry back to the bus by myself." He smirked, pulling me back down next to him. I cuddled close, looking up at all of the decorations.
"You are so sweet." I said, leaning my head on his shoulder.
"It's the least I could do. But.. that's not all." I peeked up at him, wide-eyed.
"Jake.." He shook his head, giggling to himself.

"Don't worry.. no more gifts." I stared back up at him, my eyes in a daze, my heart beating faster.
"Well, then what? You probably don't have much time between-"
"I cancelled everything today." My heart jumped.
"You.. what?" I asked, sitting back up to face him. He gave me a sweet smile, reaching up, gently touching my cheek.

"No interviews today. No interviews, no videos.. nothing. I'm gonna have twice as much shit to do tomorrow.." He laughed, rolling his eyes. "But today, I'm all yours." My smile grew.
"And.. there's no show tonight?" He nodded, smirking back at me.
"And there's no show tonight."

I held my stare on him, getting lost in his eyes as he stared back, his eyes moving back down to my lips. I crawled back on top of him, pulling him into a passionate kiss. He didn't hesitate to reach up, pulling me in closer, kissing me back harder. My heart started to pound as his hands traveled down my chest, gripping my hips.

"Before.. anything happens." He laughed. "Can.. Can I ask you something?"
"Anything.." I sighed, nodding.
"Can I please hear the song you wrote for me?" He asked, gently brushing the hair out of my face, keeping his eyes locked on mine.
"Right now?" I asked, my eyes moving back down to his lips. The last thing I wanted to do was sing. "Can't it wait until after we-"
"I think after I hear your song, it's gonna be a long time until.. after." My heart jumped. I felt my body get hot as he smirked back at me.

"Okay.." I agreed. His smile grew as he lifted me up from his lap, gently placing me onto the bed. He went over and grabbed his guitar, handing it over and sat back down across from me. He stared back at me with his familiar loving eyes and a gentle smile. Even after all this time, the idea of singing for him still made me nervous, but I also never felt safer than when I was with him.

"Alright, here you go.." I sighed.

I barely finished singing before he was pushing the guitar out of my lap, holding my face in his hands and pulling me into a passionate kiss. I wrapped my arms around him, climbing back into his lap as I kissed him back harder.

"You're amazing." He sighed, grabbing my waist, positioning himself over me as he kissed me again, pushing me back against the pillows. I tangled my fingers in his hair, gripping tighter as his kisses moved down to my neck.
"I love you so much." He exhaled, his hands traveling down my chest, gently lifting my shirt over my head, tossing it onto the floor.
"I love you." I whispered, quickly lifting his shirt over his head, adding it to the pile. His lips curled into a smile as his kisses got harder, his hands traveling down, sliding off my shorts.

"Are you still mad at me?" He slid his hands up my arms, intertwining our fingers, firmly pressing my hands down above my head.
"No." I sighed as his lips traveled back down to my neck. "I.. I could never be mad at you."
"I'm so sorry." His kisses slowly moving down to my chest. "You know I would do anything to make you happy, right?" I bit down on my lip, nodding.
"I know."
"Jess, I.. I can't lose you."
"You won't."

He then reached under me, pulling me closer to him, pushing the pillows above us out of the way. Out of the corner my eye, I could see Josh's card slide onto the ground, his stuffed elephant falling behind the bed. As I looked over to see where it fell, Jake quickly turned my head back to face him, pulling me into another passionate kiss.

"Don't worry about that." He sighed, his kisses getting harder, his body now pressed up against mine. I could feel my heart pounding in my chest, as he leaned over towards his end table, opening his drawer but stopped, peeking back at me.

"W-what do you wanna do?" He asked.
"What do you mean?" I asked, catching my breath. He bit down on his lip, his cheeks burning.
"Well.. do you.. did you still.. I mean, we weren't trying but.. did you want to-" I leaned over, shutting his drawer, pulling him back into another kiss.
"Yeah."