Chapter 195: For Her

A Few Days Later

"I should wait outside for him. He's not gonna know-"
"Jess, you can't be outside alone anymore. You've seen how crazy they've gotten." Jake said, grabbing my shirt, gently pulling me back towards him.
"Then come and wait with me." I said, peeking out the window. I heard him sigh. He was right. If it was bad with me, I knew it would only be worse if he went out too.

The line was already wrapped around the venue and the show didn't even start for a few hours. I couldn't believe how much it was growing, day by day. I'd completely avoided the internet all together so who knew what was happening online. Jake kept me updated here and there, but I knew he left a lot out. I could tell.

But I was thankful.
It was for the best that I didn't know.

"Why doesn't he.. come to the bus?" He asked reluctantly, staring up at me with concerned eyes. I could tell he wasn't any more thrilled about today than I was, but it needed to happen. Things couldn't keep happening with us without my dad knowing about it. The longer it went on, the worse it was going to be, so it was best to just fill him in now.

"You know he's gonna kill me, right?" Jake said softly. I sighed, sitting down next to him, wrapping my arm around him. His lips curled into a gentle smile.
"He's not gonna kill you." I laughed, running my fingers through his hair. His hands moved to my waist, pulling me closer. "He's definitely not gonna be happy but.. he's not gonna kill you. I won't let him." I leaned in, gently kissing his cheek. His smile grew.

"He didn't even want us living together, Jess.. how do you think he's gonna react when he finds out you're.." He caught himself, his eyes getting wide. "You know.."
"I can't not tell him, Jake."
"I know, it's just-"
"It'll be okay." I said, pulling him into another kiss. I felt his hand move up to my cheek, kissing me back. "I love you so much, and I am so excited for our family, but.. I want what I have left of mine too." He nodded, holding his stare on me.
"Okay.."

I got up, looking back out the window.
"They're starting to gather around the bus again." I sighed, feeling my heart start to beat faster.
"I do not want you going outside." Jake said sternly. Ever since we left the doctor's office, Jake had become more and more protective over my every move, never once letting me out of his sight, but I didn't mind. Whatever made him feel better about everything. It wasn't the worst thing in the world to have him around me all the time. That was really all I wanted.

"I think I see him." I muttered, trying to look past the crowd of people now surrounding the bus. Jake quickly got up, looking out. I could see his face drop.
"I.. I can go get him.. if you want." He said softly.
"Thank you."

He nodded, pulling me into a quick kiss before heading for the steps. I watched as everyone outside excitedly gathered around the door, just waiting for it to open. I understood they were excited but.. it wasn't fair that he couldn't even leave his home, technically, without getting mobbed. He peeked back at me, giving me a subtle smile before heading out.

Jake's P.O.V

I was met with piercing screams as I opened the bus door, flashing them all a smile as I looked around, trying to find Jess' dad. Finally I spotted him near the doors of the venue.
"Hey guys, I.. um.. I promise, I'll be back out in a little bit, okay? I just.. have something to do right now, but I swear I'll get to everyone."

A few of them leaned over, taking photos anyway and insisting on still shoving things into my face for me to sign. I felt my heart beat faster, unsure of what to do, so I quickly signed whatever was in front of me and made my way out of the group, heading over to the venue.