Chapter 161: Forever Yours

Jake's P.O.V

Before I even opened my eyes, I stretched out my arm, reaching over for Jess. My stomach dropped when I felt nothing but messy sheets and an empty bed. I sat up, looking around while my eyes finally adjusted.

Where did she go?
Had I dreamt the whole thing?
There was no way..

I then noticed a piece of paper on the end table. My heart started beating faster as I leaned over to grab it. My cheeks burned, a huge, stupid smile escaping my lips.

Good Morning, Fiancé!

Still so weird to say that, but I know I'll get used to it soon. I hope you slept well. Sorry you had to wake up alone, but you were still knocked out when I woke up and I didn't want to bother you. I guess you had a busy night last night. That makes two of us. Anyway, I'll be right outside working when you finally wake up, feel free to come and get me, but I figured I'd take advantage of the few moments of peace before the real chaos begins, and I'd rather we face that together. I didn't want to tell anyone without you.

By now you may or may not have noticed your gift..

I looked back over at the end table to see a small black box. My heart jumped, my smile growing. I grabbed it, placing it next to me.

I got you this the night I found out you had a ring for me. I don't think it's fair I have something beautiful to wear every single day that represents our love, and you don't. So I've been waiting for the perfect moment to give this to you. And I've been waiting a while. Took you long enough. But it was well worth the wait. I'd wait forever for you, but thank you for not making me.

I opened the box to see a two deep red crystals hanging from a gold chain. I gently pulled it out of the box, admiring it before clasping it behind my neck.

So, since you are always so thoughtful with your gifts, I wanted to get you something too. These are garnet crystals, otherwise known as the "stone of commitment." They say they're supposed to help in create intimate connections (though, I really don't think we need any help there), but also give you security and assurance in your commitment.

I know we've been through a lot; you've been more patient with me than I have ever deserved, and you will never know how much that means to me. You give me the world every single day, and I hope that one day I can give you the same in return. I need you to know how happy I am to be yours, and I wouldn't want it any other way. I can't wait to be your wife.

Forever yours,
Jess.

I folded up the letter, sliding it under my pillow. I still couldn't believe all of this was real, and it couldn't have gone any more perfect if I tried. I'd have to thank Ronnie later. Everything was so beautiful, there was no way I could have pulled this all off on my own.

I reached up, gently twirling the crystals within my fingertips.
Everything was perfect.
I just wish it could stay this way.
I wished her and I could just live in this perfect bubble of happiness forever.
But I knew, the second we walked through the front door.. everything was going to change.

I wasn't stupid. I knew how Sam felt about it, and I knew this was going to set him off in some way. How? I had no idea. But I knew it wasn't going to be pretty. Josh on the other hand seemed to have accepted how things have turned out, and for that I was thankful. After all, he's the only one I would want as my best man.

It was crazy how these were things I had to start thinking about.
Part of me wished her and I could just run away together and get married.
Honestly, I had no idea what she would want. But there was plenty of time to figure all of that out. We still had to finish out the tour.