Chapter 151: Together

Jake's P.O.V

I picked up my head as I heard the door open, and my whole body went numb. My head started to spin as Jess stared down at me, the color draining from her face. I didn't know what to do, or what to say. My mind went blank.

She then quickly backed out of the room.
I should've figured she wouldn't want to see me.
I wouldn't want to see me either.

I don't know how we were going to survive the rest of the tour like this. I could barely look at her without wanting to die. The look on her face from the other night was still engraved in my mind.

"No, no, no.." I heard Sam say. "Jess, you have to talk to him."My stomach dropped. Sam. He was behind this? I just assumed he would've taken this opportunity to finally be with her himself.
"Sam, I told you, I don't want to see him. How could you-" My heart dropped. That had already talked about this together.
"Because, it's not what you think, Jess. Just.. talk to him." My cheeks burned. He was right, it wasn't at all what she was thinking. I wish I could just.. explain, but.. it wasn't that easy. I had promised..

"Of course it's what I think! He did what he always does!" I closed my eyes, running my fingers through my hair. I hated how she thought of me now. She was the last person I ever wanted to put through this. All I wanted was for us to be happy, but.. I couldn't live with myself knowing that one day, I could be the one to hurt her.

But it didn't matter.
I had already hurt her.

"Just.." He stopped. "You two have to stop running away and just talk to each other. You both are saying the same things, but you never say them to each other. Now talk." He snapped, pushing her back into the room, shutting the door behind her.
"And neither of you are coming out until you solve this." He called out. Great. So they would all be listening. As if this couldn't get any worse. We couldn't even have privacy during one of the most uncomfortable moments of my life.

I held my stare on her, still no clue of what to say. What could I say? There was no apologizing for that, there was no making up for it. I knew there was nothing I could do to redeem myself, and even if there was, it didn't matter. She deserved someone better than me. Someone who would never hurt her, no matter the reason.

Honestly.. she deserved Sam.
They deserved each other.

We were both silent, holding our gaze on each other until finally, she came over and sat down next to me on the bed, still keeping her distance. All I wanted was to reach out and hold her. I missed how safe I felt with her in my arms. She then peeked over at me. I felt like I was going to be sick as her eyes met mine.

I couldn't stand the silence between us anymore, but I couldn't speak. It was agonizing how she could be both my peace but also tear me open from the inside out. I just.. if I could only explain..

"Jess.." I sighed. And then she snapped, rolling over onto the bed, covering her face with her hands. My heart shattered at the sound of her cries, growing louder as her breaths got heavier. I felt frozen within my body, not sure what to do. To me, she was mine, she would always be mine, but how can you be there for your someone when you're the reason they're hurting?

"Jess.." I said again. It was the only thing I could manage to get out. She quickly pulled away, keeping her eyes down.
"Don't touch me." She snapped. I moved away, not wanting to upset her any more than I already had.

"How could you do this to me?" She yelled, finally sitting up, turning to face me. I could feel my heart breaking in my chest as she stared back at me with her bloodshot eyes and tearstained face. I then felt tears come to my eyes. This was killing me. I couldn't let her go through this anymore.
"Jess.. I.." I tried, my voice cracking, my cheeks burning red.