Chapter 170: Good Luck

"What?!" I yelled. He nodded, now beaming from ear to ear, his cheeks burning red.
"Y-yeah.." He sighed.
"Oh my god!" I leaped over, wrapping my arms around his neck, pulling him into a tight hug. "That's amazing! Congratulations! I.. I'm so proud of you." I felt him squeeze me tighter, hiding his face in my neck, his excited giggles making my heart jump.
"Thank you." He sighed, staring back at me with dazed eyes and a blissful grin. "But.. it's just a nomination. I'm sure tons of people were nominated."
"This is still exciting! So.. so now what does this mean? Do you.. have to do anything, or-" He laughed, shaking his head.
"No, no, not yet. It's just a matter of who wins now, I guess, I mean, I doubt I'll win but.. still.. it's pretty cool." He giggled again.

He tried to hide it, but I could tell he was so proud of himself. I wish he would let himself be more excited. If anyone deserved it, it was him.

"I'm so happy for you." I sighed. He reached up, gently rubbing his thumb across my cheek.
"Thank you." He said, pulling me into a kiss. I moved closer, running my fingers through his hair, kissing him back harder.

"And.. why can't it be you? You're amazing." I gushed.
"I think you're a little biased." He smirked, his cheeks burning again.
"Still. I see no reason why you can't win."
"You should see some of the people who get nominated.." He said softly.
"And I'm sure you're better than all of them." I laughed, pulling him into a passionate kiss. He sighed, his lips curling into a smile.

"I love you so much." He sighed. "I'm so happy I have you to share this with." My heart jumped.
"And I love you. Now.. we have to celebrate."

I pushed myself up from the bed, quickly going out to the fridge, grabbing what was left of the champagne from the other night. I could feel Sam's eyes on me again, but I ignored them, hurrying back. Jake leaned back against the pillows, staring at me with a gentle smile and a loving gaze. I loved when he looked at me like I was the only girl in the world, because with him, I always felt like it.

"No glasses?" He laughed. I shook my head, popping the cork off again, taking a sip.
"Not this time." I said, passing him the bottle. He took it, taking a big sip.
"So.. do we get to celebrate how we always celebrate?" He giggled, pulling me into another kiss. I wrapped one arm around his neck, grabbing the bottle from his hand and taking another big sip.
"Oh, you'll definitely get that later." I giggled. "Don't you worry." He bit down on his lip, his cheeks burning red.

"Oh damn, I can't wait to see what I get if I win." He beamed, taking the bottle back from me.
"If you win, you can have whatever you want." I sighed, kissing him again.
"I already have almost everything I want." He said softly, reaching his hand up, gently caressing my neck. My heart started beating faster.
"Almost?" I questioned. He bit down on his lip, containing his smile, staring back wide-eyed. My heart jumped.
"We'll see." I laughed, pulling him into another series of kisses. He sighed, leaning his forehead against mine.
"That's good enough for me."

"You should go tell everyone."
"Yeah, I just.. I want a few more minutes of.. just this." He said softly, keeping his eyes locked on me. "I'm.. so happy you're happy."
"W-what do you mean? Why wouldn't I be happy?" He shrugged, looking down at our hands, gently intertwining his fingers in mine.
"It's just.. sometimes when things like this start happening.. the people you think will be happy for you.. aren't always the most supportive and.. it's sucked in the past so.. it's just nice to have you. Even more excited than I am." He giggled, lifting my hand up to his lips, gently kissing it.

"I will always be happy for you." I assured him. "If you're happy, then.. I'm ecstatic." He laughed again, pulling me back into another kiss.
"I can't wait for you to be my wife."
"And I can't wait to be married to the guitarist of the year." He shook his head, trying to contain his smile again.
"Well, even if I'm not-"
"Oh, well.. if you're not then.. we may have to call this off." His laughter got louder as he swiftly pulled me down onto the bed, climbing over me, tickling me until I couldn't hold in the bellowing laughter anymore.

"Jake! Stop!" I screamed. He finally rolled over next to me, propping his head up onto his hand, staring back admiringly.
"Even if.. you don't win.. you should still be proud of yourself for everything you've done." I said softly, reaching over for his hand, intertwining our fingers again. He nodded.
"Y-yeah.. I am."

I leaned up, gently kissing his cheek.
"You should go tell them now." I motioned towards the door, smirking back at him. He nodded, holding his gaze on me, but still didn't move.

"Jake, when you said.. people weren't always happy for you.. you didn't mean-"
"No, no, no.. they've always been happy for me, I just.. sometimes I feel.. bad? I guess? When.. I get attention by myself. Because, after all, we're a band. I just never want them to feel any kind of way about themselves, you know?" I nodded, leaning in, gently kissing him again.

"You're sweet. But.. you're allowed to be celebrated too."
"I really only care about being celebrated by-"
"Don't say it." I smirked, feeling my cheeks burn. His smile grew.
"Well.. it's true." He whispered, kissing my cheek, pushing himself up from the bed. "But okay.. I'll go tell them. But I want you to come with me." He reached out, grabbing my hand, helping me up. I followed him closely as he lead us into the main area of the bus. By now, Josh and Danny had woken up, joining Sam at the kitchen table.

Josh perked his head up as he heard the door open again, flashing us a smile.
"Hey, what are you guys so excited about?" He asked cheerfully, taking a sip of his coffee.
"What, is Jess pregnant?" Sam sneered. My heart dropped, my body going cold. I could feel Jake's grip on my hand get tighter, no doubt feeling some type of way about Sam's malicious comment. I knew how much he'd rather that be the news he was sharing. I didn't bring myself to look at him, trying my best to keep my reaction neutral.

"No." I snapped, glaring over at Sam. But to be honest, I really didn't know. I hadn't felt any different, but.. with the amount of times Jake and I had been together, it could only be really good luck that nothing had happened. Or.. really bad luck. My stomach dropped at the thought. That wasn't something I wanted to think about right now.

Sam held his envious stare on me, his eyes eventually moving back down to our hands. I gently nudged Jake, motioning towards them.
"Tell them." I whispered, forcing a smile. His smile grew as he nodded, taking a deep breath.
"So.. I've been nominated for guitarist of the year." He said simply. I could feel Sam's scowl as I held my stare on Jake. His cheeks burned as he awkwardly rocked back and forth. For someone who performed for thousands of people every night, it was so funny how uncomfortable he got when all the attention was on him.

The guys were quiet for a second, their eyes going wide until Josh finally jumped up, making his way over.
"That's awesome. Congrats!" He said, flashing him a smile. I backed away as he pulled him into a tight hug, rubbing his back. I couldn't help but smile, thankful that at least he could be happy for him like this, especially after what Jake had just told me.
"Thanks." Jake said softly, hugging him back. "And, you know, it's just a nomination, who knows if anything will come from it but-"
"But it's still awesome." Josh said, his smile growing.

Danny was next to get up, and finally Sam. I stood back watching them, letting them have their moment together. It wasn't long until Jake reached over, grabbing my hand and pulling me back next to him, kissing the top of my head.
"Well, good luck. You know, if you win this, that would be.. huge." Josh said. "That would change everything." My stomach dropped.

Everything?