Chapter 118: Invisible

He backed away as we felt the bus stop.
"We should.. um.." He said with a smirk, motioning towards the door. I nodded, lifting the bass over my head. He quickly reached over, grabbing it from me.
"Thanks." I said softly, watching as his arms flexed while he effortlessly carried it over, gently placing it back into its case. He then flashed me a smile before making his way out the door, back towards the main area of the bus. He lingered near his bunk for a moment, I'm assuming so Jake wouldn't be able to tell where he was coming from. 

Not like he would've noticed anyway.

I pushed myself up off the bed, going out to see that Jake and Danny had already made their way off the bus. Josh lingered back with Sam who peeked back at me, motioning towards the door. I gave him a small smile as I grabbed my camera bag, closely following him out, Josh following right behind, shutting the door behind us.

"Where'd they run of to?" I asked, looking around. I saw there were a few fans already lined up out in front of the venue.
"It's freezing out here." I said, peeking up at Sam. "You guys should go talk to them." He smirked down at me, nodding.
"Yeah, you're right." He said, waving and flashing them a smile, making his way over to them.

"You miss this?" Josh asked, coming up behind me. I shrugged.
"Seeing you guys with them? Yes. But me? No." I laughed, taking my camera out of my bag, snapping a few photos of Sam as he talked with them.
"You know.. as far as they know.. we're.. still together." He said softly, leaning in close. My cheeks burned.
"Oh yeah.." I sighed, keeping my eyes down. He playfully bumped me, shoving his hands into his pockets.
"It's okay." He said. "You can hang back if you want. I'll deal with them." He giggled to himself, making his way over to the fans. After snapping a few more photos, I went into the venue where I saw Jake and Danny already on stage sound checking.

I stayed out of sight, snapping a few photos as Jake played. I couldn't help but smile as he lost himself in the music. It didn't matter if he was playing for one person or a thousand people.. it was always magical to witness.

It was just one of the many reasons I fell in love with him.

I looked over as I heard voices from the wings. My heart started beating faster as Kyle and Charlotte made their way out onto the stage, Charlotte with her own guitar slung behind her back.
"Sounds amazing." She said, going over to Jake. He shrugged, flashing her a smile.
"Just a little warm up. Nothing crazy."
"How modest, that's your warm up."  She giggled, standing close. I felt my cheeks burn. Jake kept his eyes down on his guitar, tuning it a little more.

"You guys all ready?" Danny said, looking over at Kyle.
"Oh yeah, our setup isn't nearly as demanding as you guys." He laughed. Jake peeked up, giving Kyle a gentle smile as he subtly moved away from Charlotte. She moved closer, pulling up a chair from the wings.

"So, I'm starving." Charlotte said, looking back up at Jake, her eyes in a daze. "You wanna go get something to eat? The guys ate on the bus already, but I figured maybe you could show me around." I could feel my face getting hot, my jaw clenching.
"Oh, um.." Jake stared, peeking over at Danny, who was now facing the other way, talking to Kyle. He bit down on his lip, holding his guitar closer.
"Y-yeah, sure, um.. I can ask everyone what they're up to, and we could all-"
"If they want, or you and I could just go, guitarists gotta stick together, right?" She laughed, reaching out, gently touching his arm. My stomach dropped.

He gently pulled away.
"Y-yeah but.. I.. I think everyone was talking about getting something to eat so.. I.. I can see what they're doing. The more the merrier, right?" He said, turning back to Danny. Danny looked over, giving him a quick thumbs up. Charlotte held her stare on Jake, getting up from her chair.

"Okay, great." She said, forcing a smile. "But maybe later.. you and I can just talk, you can give me some tips, we've only done one other tour before this so, any advice you have would mean a lot." He bit down on his lip, nodding, looking back down at his guitar.
"Y-yeah, maybe, we'll see how much time we have before the show." He said plainly. She nodded, scooting her chair even closer.