Chapter 2

Chapter 2: Harry's POV 

I gasped for air as soon as I reached the surface, greeted by the middle of nowhere. Water was the only thing surrounding me, along with some floating broken plane pieces from the crash I had just experienced. No people were in sight, not my friends, no one. I continued to look around, desperate that at least one person had survived this disastrous fall, hoping my band mates didn't drown or get injured by the horrible impact when we hit the sea.

In the time of my freaking out and mourning, I managed to find the door of the plane. I sat on top of it, clothes and hair dripping down onto the little surface I had. My head was constantly turning around, looking for any sight of a human being. Sadly, there was no one. I was all alone.

The sound of water being rustled around immediately sprung my head to look at it, two out of five of my best friends have resurfaced. Liam was pulling an unconscious Zayn out of the water, him looking at me and dragging him towards me. I helped him pull the wet, dark boy on the door. My hands grasped his arms, dragging him to lay next to me. I was worried for him, I was wondering if he was still alive. My hand darted for his neck, checking to see if he had a pulse. It was faint.

Liam looked at me with a worried look on his face, then his eyes looked down. I could tell he was thinking about the others, hoping and wishing that they are somehow still alive and trying to find a way to escape the plane. I was worried too. My bandmates, best friends, my brothers. It'd be a miracle if they somehow came above the surface of the ocean.

Zayn's life was slowly fading, the raising of his chest getting slower. I pushed on his chest, trying to get his heart pumping again. Didn't work. I pushed again, soon repeating the process so his life could be regained a little bit. Soon after a few more pushes, his eyes opened. Zayn started to cough, water coming out all at once. My heartbeat soon went to a normal speed, as it wasn't before. Until I remembered about my two other friends who were still down there.

It's like some sort of miracle happened. A wish that I have wished for finally came true. Niall and Louis had appeared, resurfacing above the water. They looked exhausted. I watched them as they took long, deep, breaths. Trying to regain their proper breathing tempo.

I smiled at my best friends with relief spread throughout my body. No one was gone, no one had left me. The only thing I could now think of was the drowned beings that were stuck in the plane, no way to get out. No more survivors. Just me, and my bandmates.

I examined all of their faces, them looking pale and as if life was drained from them. When really, they were simply tired, exhausted from the crash and most likely frightened at everything around them. In fact, I was afraid. I've never expected myself to be in a plane crash, or be stranded in the middle of the ocean. Never have I ever thought of anything like this would happen.

"What do we do now? Swim or wait for some sort of rescue?" Louis wondered, his eyebrows frowning.

"It'd probably take a long time for a rescue, so swimming and finding land is the only choice we have right now." I replied, gazing at my surroundings yet again. Whatever direction I look in, it's just water.  No land, no nothing.  It'll take days, or weeks for us to find land.  Unless we're merely miles from some sort of island or something.  "Better get a head start on everything."

"How about we find some leftover pieces from the plane, and use it as paddles and make this door a boat?" Liam suggested.

"Do you think we can all fit on this little thing?" I laughed, raising an eyebrow with fingers running through my damp hair.