Chapter 33

Chapter 33: Rosalie's POV 

"I've assigned you a tutor," Were the first words that Uncle Chris had said to me as soon as I woke up, and I happily agreed with him.  This will be good for me.  Learning the history of where I came from, with me being born in America.  Fort Lauderdale, Florida to be exact.  Helpful equations and tips on how to live my life correctly will be hard considering I missed about twelve years of education. Maybe not.  I could have attended an elementary school for one or two years.  If I did, I sure don't remember it, or anything I learned.  My lack of capability to read and write proves that.

Let's hope this tutoring session is good, and that I will at least get someone decent to help me. Besides One Direction, and their girlfriends, it seems like every time I meet a new person they always seem to get me into trouble.  I know that I have a part in it all, but they bring it along with them, and persuade me into doing things that aren't good.  This tutor needs to be the opposite of that.  Bring good things.  Help me be as good as I used to be, and bring back who I was before.

I hope it's a she, my tutor.  Someone who I can relate too.  Maybe around my age, or at least in my age range.  She and I would become close friends, and we'd joke around while getting the basics done.  Then, when the difficulty increases, I'll be angry and she'll be forced to stay longer. We'd get to know each other, and share our deepest secrets.  I'd tell her my past, and my love for a word-famous popstar, while she tells me that she is dating a guy who she knew her whole life. Childhood sweethearts on the verge of marriage.

The two of us would be best friends.  She wouldn't bring me trouble, and I wouldn't be too gullible to fall for it all.  Even if she ever did, it'd be for a fun reason.  Not a reason to get drunk, and high off of our minds.  A good influence, someone who's great at giving advice.  She could be my age, have the personality of a young child, but yet have the instincts of my late mother.

When I tried to converse about it all with my uncle during breakfast he wouldn't reply back.  He can't seem to get rid of the fact that his niece did drugs.  Heck, I can't believe I did them either!  I can't remember a thing.  Well, I guess that's what happens when you do something you're not supposed to do. Take something that isn't necessary to take.  I know that what I'm saying is right. Even if I was never raised and taught to not do things that I'm not supposed to do, I should have known better than to trust people I don't even know.

My stomach twisted with nervousness, fingers tapping on the kitchen counter as I waited for my tutor to show up.  He, or she could be here any second and I wouldn't know what to do when the doorbell is rung.  Rachel supposedly went to school...at least I think, and Chris went to work.  When it's time to meet this teacher should I open the door?  If I don't then they'd be standing out in the hot Florida air.  So I'll just go for it.  Meet my tutor, and do what I need to do.  You got this, Rosie. 

I got tired of sitting down, so I got up from my seat and paced around the room.  My stomach got all queasy, and my head was pounding.  Sighing, I moved myself to open the cupboards, trying to find a cup.  When I did, I turned on the tap and got water.  At this moment I felt so tired, and wanted to go back to bed.  I know I can't, though.  So I just assumed drinking cold water will help brighten my body up and clean my intoxicated body.  Not working as much, but at least it keeps me hydrated.

When the doorbell rang I nearly dropped my cup.  Putting it on the kitchen counter, I took in a deep breath as I walked over to the front door.  Then suddenly my hand was already on the knob, and I was opening it without hesitation.  The first thing I saw after I opened the door was a sweet brunette who was giving me a small, shy smile.

"I-uh, hello?" I said awkwardly, scratching the back of my head and smiling nervously.

"You're Rosalie right?  I'm supposed to be tutoring you?" The brunette said softly, moving her hand to tuck a loose strand of hair behind her ear.  I nodded my head, and opened the door more so she would be welcome to come inside the mansion.  She did with pleasure, and turned to me after I closed the door.  Her hand was held out, and she looked at me with big green eyes, "My name is Hope by the way.  In case you wanted to know my name."

I shook her hand and grinned, "That would have be a good thing to know."  She laughed.

The both of us stood there awkwardly, not enjoying the silence after her laughter.  I hummed tunes quietly to try to ease the quietness, but that obviously didn't help.  Looking down to see what Hope was holding in her arms, I internally groaned at the sight of the mathematics and literature books that she had.  I've never experienced, or at least remember getting an education, but I know that this is hard work.  If it will get me far in life then so what, let's do this.

"So...shall we sit down?" Hope asked, moving back and forth with standing on her toes, to the balls of her feet.  I chuckled and nodded, walking to the kitchen with Hope following behind me.

The both of us sat at the dinner table.  Hope sat the mathematics, and literature books down, and brought out a few worksheets that was hidden inside the math book.  She handed me one, and I looked at it.  It all looked confusing, yet easy to me.  It was normal addition, which I find easy.  I know how to add, and subtract, so I don't exactly know why I am doing this.  Basic first grade math. Easy.

"I already know how to do this." I stated, Hope shook her head.

"I figured, but it's still at least a little warm up to get your brain going before we start getting into more things like multiplication and division.  Things that you might find harder to memorize and remember. Once you get the hang of it all, you'll start getting into more complicated things once we start the math above pre-algebra."

I nodded, and took the pencil that Hope had just handed to me.  I held it in my hand, and looked up at the brunette, "Do I start now?"

"Wait one second, let me get my phone.  I'll put on a timer to see how quick your brain goes with all the addition you're doing.  We'll start with one of these every day, and once you get under a minute we'll switch things up."  Hope pulled out her cell phone, and pulled out a timer.  I looked at her until she gave me the cue to start, when she did I started to zoom through the problems as fast as I could, and I was pretty quick.

Well, maybe not ─ I might have exaggerated a little bit.

I hesitated on so many problems when I went row after row.  Frustration was built inside of me when I couldn't get a problem done quick enough.  I swear on my life that it's been taking me a few minutes now to get done with this little worksheet.  When I finished, I put my pencil down and handed my paper to Hope.  She took it gladfully, and checked it over, putting a few markings on the problems that I got wrong.  Wow, not as much as I thought I would have missed.

"Needs improvement, but you know a little bit." Hope said after I finished my writing.  It took me about six minutes to get through fifty addition problems.  The reason why it took so long is because I was stuck with counting on my fingers, and messing up on my numbers.  I felt like an absolute idiot once Hope told me how long I took.

"You'll be getting the hang of it soon.  I know who you are Rosalie or Kayla as I should say. Your name was all over the news once you arrived in London I think?  You were gone for so long, I understand that you don't know much.  It's a pleasure to be helping you, too.  You're so brave." She complimented.

"Thank you.  I've been around people for about two months and I'm still not used to everything. There is so many changes than I last remember it.  It's even worse since I don't have my parents to help guide me. Only my uncle and my insolent cousin."

Hope hesitated for a minute, then spoke, "But you have One Direction as your friends, right?  They have to have helped you a little bit."

I sighed, and rested my head in my hands, "They did.  They helped me a lot, actually.  When I actually was forced to leave them to stay with my uncle I hadn't realized how much I really needed them."

I also forgot to mention how much I'm truly, madly, deeply in love with one of them too.