Chapter 3

Chapter 3: Harry's POV 

"Harry," I stopped walking when Liam called my name.  I turned around, to see the four, dark silhouettes of my band mates standing behind me.  They all looked at me, all of their eyebrows raised and with a confused expression on their face.  They clearly didn't see what I saw.

"Yes?" I asked questionably.  Frustrated, and curious, it was hard to stay in the same place considering I was so desperate to know what was hiding behind those trees.  If it were some sort of animal, you'd expect it to come closer rather than run, unless its shy. There's no doubt it was a human, though. I've never seen an animal with that long of hair, besides a horse of course; I doubt there's horses on this island though. If there is, then I need to rethink most of my life.

I was getting tired of waiting, so I started to walk again and place myself in between the trees, but I was interrupted yet again.  Liam coughed, then decided to speak again, "Why are you going in there?  It's pitch black and you could get lost."

"I saw something, and I want to know what it is."

"It could be your imagination, or just the wind.  If there was something in there, it would have came out and scared us by now." He argued, but had a sorry look on his face. The rest of them agreed and gave me a half smile.  I put my head down, staring at the ground, still determined until I finally gave in.

I sighed, and nodded, "Yeah maybe you're right.  It is dark, I could just be seeing things."  It was hard to believe my own words though.  Something inside of me has flickered, and told me to keep going.  I knew I saw something, and that wouldn't stop me from looking.  They were somehow right though.  It was dark, and it could just be my imagination.  For all I know, it could be a large leaf from one of the trees, or something else that would make me believe it is a person.

My eyes started to droop, hinting me that I was tired, my mouth also opening up for a yawn.  I rubbed my eyes, trying to wake myself back up a little bit, but my body one.  Tiredness was taking over me.  It looked like the boys were tired too,  they were going back down to the sand, each of them lying down next to each other.  Laying on the ground wasn't very comfortable, but the sand was warm enough to keep me warm.  I wouldn't have any struggles being cold tonight, as a warm gust of wind hit me in the face.

I walked towards my friends so I could join them, laying down right next to Zayn who was already out and asleep.  I don't know how he does it, I guess sleeping is like a second nature to him.  It's like once he closes his eyes, he's out like a like.  For me, it takes several minutes, sometimes longer.

It always seems like whenever I lay down to sleep, I suddenly become wide awake.  My arms were placed behind my head, which was supporting it as I stare at the night sky above me.  Stars were dancing and twinkling, and the crescent moon was lighting up the island with it's moonlight.  You could hear the waves crashing against the shore, causing a nice sound to make you fall asleep too.

The sounds of the birds and animals hiding in the tropical forest behind me made me fall into a sleepy daze, eyes closing quickly.  Everything started to turn into faint noises, just until I fell into a peaceful, dreamless sleep.

I was suddenly awoken by a gush of water being thrown onto my face, the sounds of laughter being heard from both sides of my ears.  My body was suddenly shot up, eyes darting open to be greeted by my four best friends falling and laughing on the ground.

"Good morning sleeping beauty." Zayn chuckled, his hand flicking leftover drops of water on his hands at me.  I frowned, eyebrows furrowed.  Being awoken is not a nice thing, I'd really like to wake up on my own.  I guess with friends like these, you can't be pleased.  But all of their bubbly, funny, and caring personalities are the reasons why I am still happy.