Chapter 29

Chapter 29: Rosalie's POV 

"Rachel, you've finally come to join the party." A man with long, jet black hair said, wrapping his arm around my cousins shoulder, followed by sloppily kissing her cheek. He pulled back with a sly grin, his grey eyes soon darting towards me. "So this is the oh-so-famous Rosie you were talking about." He walked towards me.

I shivered at the feeling of the back of his cold hand lightly sliding down my face, soon moving down to feel the petite shape of my skinny body. Gulping, I turned myself away so I wouldn't feel uncomfortable no more, but his hands gripped my waist and pulled me towards his body forcefully. This made me gasp, and struggle in his hold, trying desperately to get away from his tight grip.

"Alex, stop, you're drunk.  Cut the girl some slack, she just moved here." Rachel said, pulling Alex away from me.  Sighing of relief, I crossed my arms and avoided contact with the others who were looking at me with pity, but for what?  Are they giving me the sympathy for a person unlike them?  Of course, because I am not, and have no intention to follow in their path with their overly-inked skin, and crazy hair colors.  I'd rather stay myself, and not get involved with anyone.

I know I'm quick to judge, and I know not to judge a person by their looks, but you can expect these type of people to be the ones I wouldn't want to mess with.  Rachel said herself that I could fall into their little trap.  A trap in this case means I'll get stuck like them, I'll be who they are.  I'll end up doing what they do.  Getting drunk, smoking, and who knows what else!

"Cut the girl some slack, Rachel?  You brought some new shit over here, I don't give a fuck if she's your cousin."  Alex said, looking at me with his silvery eyes.  I flinched when he winked at me. My body shook as his eyes raked up and down my tiny body.  This man -- no, boy, has proved my theory of how cold and cruel the world is.  No one gave respect, just dirty and lustful looks at the victims human beings have shown to torture.

I found out how much defense I'm lacking.  I'm too afraid to stand up for myself.  Though there's times where I'm as confident as ever, and confront those for problems, I never seem to be able to guard myself from them.  I let words hurt me, then ask questions later to ease my pain.  What a pathetic human being I am.  Although this group of people I'm currently in the presence of, maybe they're good for me.  They could be the key to getting rid of all my problems, letting it all go, and most importantly -- helping me forget about Harry.

Being afraid of what comes with the world is my passion.  I'm a deep person.  I tend to go beyond words, and make something out of it.  In my mind, I tend to say the most wildest things that make sense to me, but doesn't to anyone else.  I think too much.  That's why I need these people -- I need to forget, take my mind off of things.  Off of everything.

This isn't a good decision.  I'm only a few minutes into meeting these people, and I'm already falling. Into their 'trap', as Rachel would say.  This just proves how gullible I am.  Though, if Rachel has no care in the world after meeting them, then so be it.

Taking in a deep breath, then letting it out, I looked up at Alex with a smile.  He gave me a sly grin back, obviously happy at the fact that I chose to face him in a positive way.  Raising an eyebrow, turning my head to look at Rachel, then back at Alex, "You know what, let him do what he wants.  If he doesn't care, then neither should I.  Also, neither should you."

Rachel gawked at me, her mouth wide open and her eyebrows lifted.  She shook her head, pressing her hands to her temples, rubbing them as she tried to get my words out of her brain.  I watched her as she walked around, not facing any of us, not speaking a word.

She turned around to look back at me, "Alright.  Do what you want.  All I know is, is that I warned you.  Also, when you realize how gullible and stupid you are, you can't come complaining to me later.  Sure, I'm the one that brought you here, but you know that it is your job to not let any of these people in.  You already have, and when you get drunk off your ass and addicted to smoking, I'm not the one who is going to be mourning over your death bed after you completely ruin your body.  Do you know what I'll be doing?  Saying I told you so, because I did."

I scoffed, rolling my eyes.  Although I knew she was right, and I was wrong, I just can't leave these people.  I had a reason to fall for them.  I wanted an escape.  I wanted to forget everything.  My parents, my fears, desires and dreams, and Harry.  He's completely out of my life now, so I shall completely get rid of my feelings, because I know I won't be seeing him anytime soon.

"Shut up Sullivan." Alex rolled his eyes, letting out a chuckle that wasn't humorous at all.  "Rose can do what she wants.  She's older than you anyway.  You're only sixteen, it's not like you're worth anything to us.  Just a little recruit.  A little bird who has fallen out of the nest, unable to get back to the place where she really belongs because she's stuck on the ground with these here delinquents."

I stepped towards him, "Okay, I might have agreed to join your little group, but Rachel is still my cousin.  Don't talk slack about her, she's still growing and has feelings.  I do too.  Although I don't want to have them, I do.  Words can effect people you know.  If you say anything like that to her I will punch your face in."

Alex laughed, "You'll punch me?  With what strength?  What muscles?"

I smiled, "It's amazing of all the things you can do when you try.  I don't need muscle, strength, or any of that stuff to hurt you."

"Is that so?  Then hit me." He threatened with a slur, stepping closer.

"You know what guys." A girl with pink hair laughed as she stepped in wobbily, an unusual can in her hand.  She walked in the middle of all three of us, eyeing us with her red eyes.  "You all need to shut the fuck up.  We're in this little place for a reason -- to use the green stuff.  That'll get all of your minds off of things."

"Becca I--" Rachel started, but stopped.  She let out a deep sigh,  and walked up to her.  "You know what, I'll take it.  I could care less about anything right now.  Much less about Rosie here because she thinks she can take care of herself because she's a big, and bad eighteen year old."

"Well then let's get this party started." Becca wiggled her eyebrows, pulling out a bag from her jacket.  She looked at me, handing me the bag.  "In fact, you're new here.  So you go first."

"What do I...um...do?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows, looking down at the bag that was placed in my hands.

I looked up to see Alex rolling his eyes, angrily taking the bag away from my hands, "I'll help you." He took some out of the bag, and brought out a piece of paper from his pocket, rolling the plant in it. He then did some other things that I got confused about, and made me feel nervous, so I just looked down and waited until he was ready.

"There, now just inhale it in, and keep it in." He said, handing it to me.  I nodded my head, doing what he said as I brought it close to my face.  Closing my eyes, I gulped, not ready to do what I was about to do.  Though when I was, I did it, I inhaled it, and kept it in my lungs.

I slowly felt a large weight being lifted off of my shoulders, and felt my body feel light.  The feeling was nice, and I felt as if I had no care in the world.  

When I was ready to exhale it, I let it out, my eyes still closed as I was still admiring the feeling of not feeling.