Chapter 19

Chapter 19: Rosalie's POV 

Silence.  That's all there was.

Harry and I were casually eating our breakfast in silence.  Not one of us ever made eye contact, due to the fact that if we did, it would increase the tension and awkwardness that had already filled the air.  It wouldn't be such a good thing either if we did, otherwise we'd have no conversation today whatsoever.  It doesn't help that I still have so many questions to ask, questions that were begging to be answered.  I was curious about everything.

I sighed, messing around with my cereal with my spoon.  At this moment, I didn't feel hungry.  It's pretty shocking considering I'm almost always hungry.  The reason for that is because I spent eleven years on an island with barely any food, fending for myself and starving for days.  I guess since everything was awkward, and quiet, picking up my spoon and chewing loudly wouldn't help anything at all.

There wasn't really any reason to why everything was so quiet, and awkward.  It's probably because of our conversation the other day.  With me asking questions, not getting a straight answer, that had to spark some sort of tension between us.  I asked him what his feelings for me was.  What was I thinking?  I should have known what he would have said.

He had a girlfriend at that time anyway.  He had Megan.  Well, not anymore.  They broke up, somehow split up.  Honestly, I was ecstatic when I heard that they did break apart.  When Megan was with him, she always gave me dagger eyes.  It was an obvious sign that she didn't like me. Yesterday, when she greeted Eleanor and I in the bathroom, she was nice.  Odd.

"Rosie." Harry started, chewing up the last of his cereal before swallowing and continuing to what he had to say, "How do you feel about going to Florida with your uncle?"

I opened my mouth, but no words came out.  I've thought about this myself.  One side of my brain was excited, but one side was sad, and disappointed.  I finally had the courage to speak, breaking more of the tension by answering him, "I don't know.  The only thing I do know is that it's nice to hear that I actually have a relative related to my parents.  He's all I got now, family wise."

"Would you rather stay here than go to Florida?" Harry asked.

"Honestly, yes.  I have you.  I have all of you guys, and I don't want to leave because of that.  The fact that I get to leave my new friends, the people who actually brought me back to the world is sad. You see, I don't even know my uncle.  How do I know he's okay?" I gulped, "How do I know he's not bad?  I don't want to get hurt again."

"Well he's family, most of your family should and will be nice to you.  That is unless you have a brother or sister, then you'd have to deal with fights and all that."

"I don't know if I even had a brother or sister.  Remember that I can't remember everything from before.  I don't know my birthday, where I'm from, not anything.  There's little bits and pieces that come to me sometimes, some memories.  They're not all good though.  It seems that I can only remember bad things.  For example: the shipwreck."

 "How bad was it exactly?"

"Terrible.  There was fire, flooding, water everywhere.  All I could hear was screaming, and crying. Everyone was running around shouting for help, but they got none.  A large crowd filled with people injured, and even dying.  It was a horrible sight to see.  Blood everywhere, people's ashes on the floor.  Disaster." I whispered, shaking my head.  Harry said no words after that, he just put his head down and smiled a fake one.  He had nothing to say.