Chapter 4

Chapter 4: Rosalie's POV

I was playing with the soft fabric of the shirt the man has given me, fingers also tugging at the buttons that were sewed into it. We were all sitting in a circle, his friends simply giving me odd looks and looking at me with confusion. It frightened me to be seeing an actual human, rather than plants and animals. I don't remember the last time I saw a person, besides the one time that I refuse to think about. 

When they named me Rosalie I was ecstatic, as roses were one of my favorite flowers.  It downed my mood a little bit though as I can't remember my actual name   In fact, I don't really remember anything at all.  The only thing I do remember is that tragic night of the shipwreck I had experienced years ago. 

It seems to be that I can only remember the things I am guilty of, or the things that pain me.  Falling on the rail, and into the deep ends of the ocean was some sort of punishment for me I guess.  There was something in the past that I did that made the world turn against me, and now, I do think that this entire thing was my fault.  Being stranded on a deserted island, my parents death, the fight and struggle to survive on this land form.  I have gone days without food.  Feeling annoyed and scared every time my stomach growls, afraid that when I don't eat...it will be the end of me. 

Even though I've had a struggle in life, I had hope.  That boy, the one who found me running through the trees, he could be the one to finally make me happy.  In fact, his friends could all be the people who lead me to a better life.  A better lifestyle, maybe help me find myself.  With them, maybe I could help regain my memory or help me escape this island.  Living with animals, and in the wild is not so great when you think about it.  Constantly killing animals just to survive...it doesn't feel right. 

I have to admit, when I first caught sight of these people on the beach I was frightened.  I always had the need to scream and run away, finding the other side of the island or simply go to the place where I spend my most time in.  If you look deep in the trees, in the dangerous ends of the island, you'd find a pure, blue lake.  Beautiful flowers and bushes were growing around it, with a large tree standing beside it with long vines.  That was one of the places where I have fun, waste time.  It's how I managed to keep entertained all these years. 

A cough had interrupted my thinking, making me jolt my head up to look at the person who did it. Another boy with jet black hair was looking at me, causing an uncomfortable feeling to go through my body.  I didn't like being stared at, as I always felt awkward and had the need to run away again. But after running away from them quite a few times, I decided that it's not the best thing to do. Escaping your problems is not a way to get rid of them, it will only cause more. 

"Rosie, I like that name."  I whispered, tucking a strand of my brown hair behind my ear.  The curly haired boy smiled, obviously proud at his choice of names.  I spoke again, but a little louder than usual, "Thank you, but I would also very much like to know all of yours." 

"It would be pretty smart to introduce ourselves...I'm Harry," the one with the curly hair smiled, introducing himself as Harry.  He looked to his friends, pointing to the one with black hair, "He's Zayn, then there's Liam, Louis, and Niall." 

If I had a pen and paper, I'd take note on their names, as I am forgetful.  Taking notes in my head, Liam being the one with a buzz cut.  Zayn had hair the color of the night sky, going up in a unique hairdo I can't really describe.  Louis had blue eyes, and brown tousled hair.  What a rare combination, I don't recall seeing someone like that.  All of these boys were unique, and different. There's something about them that makes me want to know more.