Chapter 30

Chapter written by @Forever_Yours_Too

Chapter 30: Harry's POV 

I sat staring at the blank wall in front of me. At least, I thought it was blank. My eyes blurred as I squeezed them shut over and over again, trying to refocus them. My arm was lazily slung over the back of my chair, and a beer bottle was in my hand. The other boys, and Eleanor and Perrie sat in front of me, quiet but with fear in their eyes. I could see it.

“Harry—” Niall starts, but I cut him off. And the others watch with wide eyes, waiting and watching for what I was going to do.

I laugh a slurred laugh. “Don’t.”

Niall gets up from his chair and walks towards me. “Don’t.” I repeat again, straightening myself up. But my head spun and the bottle wavered in my hand. Niall continued to ignore me and made his way to me, around the counter and towards me. His movements were slow, like he was expecting something unexpected from me, but I couldn’t blame him. I did feel dangerous right now. And for some reason, I liked it.

When there were barely a few feet that kept Niall and I away from each other, Niall stopped walking. Slowly, he said, “Harry, give me the bottle.” His blue eyes stared into my green orbs, and I tried to stare him down. I gripped onto the bottle tighter.

“No.” I slur. I glanced at the hand which held the bottle, it was turning pink from the way I gripped the bottle. The bottle was all I had left now. I wasn’t about to give that up now. I had already given up one of the most important people to me in my life. Wasn’t that enough?

Zayn gets up and Perrie tugs on his arm, worriedly. Eleanor scoots closer over to Louis, and his arm goes around her waist protectively, with Eleanor leaning her head on his shoulder. I laughed sickly. This scene placed before me was obscure. I never thought I would see it like this.

Zayn slides by the counter and comes to stand besides Niall. Niall half leans on the counter, half not. “We know you’re mad, Harry,” Zayn starts.

“I’m beyond mad, Zayn.”

He frowns, but continues, “But this isn’t the way to settle things. We know you miss Rosie, we do, too.” The others behind him nod in agreement.

I still wouldn’t listen. I refused to listen. I took another swipe of the drink. With the alcohol settling in my mouth, and the strong, repugnant taste filling my nostrils, I could feel the burn as it made its way down my throat. I tried hard to swallow it down. “You wouldn’t know anything about how I feel. She was mine.” I squeezed my eyes shut again, trying to rid the feeling settling inside me. “She was only mine.”

“We know that, Harry,” Louis says, and rubs an arm comfortably on Eleanor’s back. “Rosie was only yours, too.” I glared as I watched Eleanor calm down from the circles rubbed onto her back. It was the same with Rosie, too. I glanced at the boys who had still had their girl, and it made me angrier. It just wasn't fair.

“It’s been barely a day, Harry,” Liam says quietly. I barely heard him.

“It’s been long enough,” I spit as I let my mind drift to Rosie. I thought about our last kiss, our last moment together. It was sad, the aura around us was tense, and sometime during our last kiss together, I could feel both our minds slowly start to drift away as we both thought about our future without each other. To be honest, I’ve thought about it so many times before. I tried to imagine what it would’ve been like if I never met her. Maybe it would have been for the best, maybe I wouldn’t have been hurting so much right now. As I thought, I felt my lids droop slightly, but I was far from tired. I felt the eyes of the others on me, waiting for me to say something else. But Niall had something else in mind. When my lids drooped, he took that split second and lunged for the bottle, but missed by a couple of centimeters because I had shifted.

I stood up, my fingers barely grasping the bottle now. A tremble went through my body and I could feel my body shaking under me. The feeling was so unnatural to me, that I was even scared of myself. It didn’t feel like me anymore.

“Niall, s-stop.” I stutter. His eyes turned cold now. “Please,” I whisper. My hair was in my eyes, I was drenched in my own sorrow, and I felt as if I was about to break any minute.

Behind me, I could hear someone crying softly, and Louis whispering comforting short phrases to her. I glanced quickly just to see what I had done to everybody else. Eleanor’s face was buried in Louis’ chest with his arm wrapped around her, and his lips close to her ear. Perrie was hugging her knees to her chest, shaking slowly. Liam was trying to calm her down, but her gaze was only on Zayn. I turned back around to face Zayn and Niall. Two against one. Well, that was nice.

“I want all of you out,” I replied firmly. As soon as the words left my mouth, I felt myself flinch. What has gotten into me? “Now.” My lips weren’t even my own now.

“I’m not leaving until you drain that bottle.” Niall says, calmly. Zayn just stared straight through my soul.

“Fine.” I reply. I swing the bottle up to my lips and being gulping down the liquid furiously. I could feel Zayn try to tackle the bottle out of my hand, but it just made grip it harder. Holding onto it for dear life. There was shouting all around me, but to me, I was deaf to it. The whole world seemed to go mute on me as the boys all grabbed at me, trying to tear the bottle out of my hand. I felt sick as I felt the force work against me, but nonetheless, I didn’t let go.

Finally, I just gave up. I gave up on everything. Rosie wasn’t coming back, and that was final. Even Simon said it himself that day at the meeting. Simon… he would have hell to pay for when I see him the next time. I suddenly freeze, and the boys stop, too, staring at each other, wondering what I was going to do.

“Drop. It.” Zayn says.

“Get the fuck out.” I counter.

The sobbing behind me turned louder, which only encouraged me more. Adrenaline was running through my body, through my veins. It was a part of me now, whether I liked it or not. I was Harry Styles, a boy who was completely lost without someone named Rosalie, a boy who would never be the same ever again, and was now dangerous.

I watched as Niall slowly realized what was happening, and so did Zayn at the same time. Zayn ran at Perrie, pulling her body off her chair as she screamed, while Niall ran at Liam and roughly knocked him over the chair. They both were shoved off their chair just I raised the arm with the bottle in it, and threw it across the room, that just seemed to head in Perrie and Liam’s direction.

The unmistakable shatter reached my ears as the bottle broke into a million pieces, hitting the wall, and making its fall down to the ground. When I finally looked over at it, there were broken shards all strewn over the ground. The house was a complete mess.

The girls screamed and the boys shouted, rushing over to the girls’ aid, but behind all of the commotion, I felt myself being tackled fully to the ground this time, and my eyes were met with an angry Niall’s.