Chapter 11

Chapter 11: Rosalie's POV 

As soon as Harry and I joined the boys on the helicopter I knew something could go wrong.  With the two strangers giving me evil looks I felt a strange feeling of awkwardness spring through me.  I felt nervous, and scared.  Honestly, I didn't even know what I was thinking when I boarded the helicopter.  Of course with the boys' pleading faces, I knew I couldn't say no.  Also, why would I just abandon my friends and want to be stranded on the island for another couple years?  Definitely a no, so I decided to start something new.  A new life, a new look maybe, a different everything. 

The two strangers were still looking at me, but then looked back at the boys with their eyebrows furrowing.  I could hear them bicker back and forth with whispers, obviously arguing about something that I didn't bother listening about.  I just stared out of the glass window, looking at the clouds and thinking, "I'm free from freedom." 

I still honestly can’t believe that I just left the island.  All the time I spent running around, having fun with nature, it's gone.  The freedom I once had will probably be gone once I enter real civilization.  Meeting new people, making more friends.  I'd be an outcast to everyone though.  Everyone will be exchanging whispers, rude comments saying, "She looks weird; She doesn't belong here; She's an idiot." Like I said, I'd be an outcast, someone different than they're used to seeing.  With me meeting five famous people in a band, the whole world will be constantly saying that I'm some sort of Island Girl, a person who spent almost her entire life living in nature. 

Well, there's no turning back.  It's not like I can ask them to bring me back to the island, because when I looked back out the window to try to catch one last glimpse of it, it was gone.  Now I know that there's no chance of me coming back.  

I was fiddling with my fingers, heart beating fast.  They were still arguing, talking back and forth saying things I don't quite understand, but want to.  When the two strangers turned to me my heart beat quickened even faster, especially at the looks they both gave me, confusion.

"Who is this?" One of them asked, his eyebrows furrowing.  When I observed the guy, he looked kind of rude, as if he only cared about himself.  Though I know not to judge a person by how they look, because the person behind everything could be sweet and genuine rather than snotty and mean.

"Never mind her right now.  Anyways, Simon, how did you find us?" I heard Louis ask the person who was apparently called Simon.  Now this seemed like a conversation I should tune in to.

"We didn't find you.  I was only going back to Britain from Melbourne by helicopter, didn't bother with a plane.  I didn't expect to find you guys stranded on an island with a...girl," the man then turned to me, "What's your name?"

"M-my name was chosen by all of them." I said, gesturing to the boys, "It's Rosalie, but I don't know my r-real name." I stuttered.

"You don't know your real name?" I shook my head, looking down at my hands which were nicely folded together on my lap.  "Can you tell me why?"

"Memory loss." I barely whispered, avoiding contact.  If he asked me more, I think I would explode. Opening up to someone so early in a, what you would call friendship isn't right.  Also, I've never met this so-called 'Simon' ever in my life.  I don't know if I could trust him.  The reason why I trust my newly made friends One Direction were because they are the only people I had to tell everything to. They were also so eager to learn about me I got frustrated with them pleading, and begging for the truth, so I told them.  With Simon, no.  Not until I know him better, if I even have the time once we get back to land anyway.

Simon noded, then turned back to the boys, speaking, "I should stop asking questions now.  The thing you guys should know though it that the entire world thinks you're all dead, causing chaos in front of our offices.  Once we get back to London there will be a lot of explaining to do for the press, especially the fans.  You seem to have lost many because they gave all their life to you boys."

"You mean they...?" Liam said softly, gulping.  Simon nodded his head, giving them all a sad smile. I turned to look at the boys who had their heads down, all shaking their heads.  Zayn mumbling, "Great."

I turned my head to look at Harry, who seemed to be staring out the window with a determined look on his face.  His eyebrows were scrunched, and his lips were pressed in a thin line.  He looked as if he was in deep thought.  Whether it'd be mourning silently over his fans' suicide, or simply thinking about anything that could be bothering him.

The helicopter was dead silent now, everyone shuffling in their spot, or just looking to wherever pleases them.  I was still wondering what Harry was thinking, why he had that grumpy look on his face.  In other words, why did he look so frustrated?  I understand we all have that feeling sometimes, but this looked different.  Something was obviously angering him.

I watched him as he shook his head, as if to deny something he said to himself in his head.  When his face got soft, he then turned to look at me.  Our eyes met only for a short second, until I looked away nervously, but could feel his stare burning the side of my head.

I turned my head back towards my own window, looking out into the clouds to see the horizon. Then I realized something.  What happened back at the island was forgotten in my mind but was soon brought back to me.

I was shocked about it, but it caused butterflies to form in my stomach.  Just thinking about it made my eyes dilate, and my cheeks turn a blushing tomato red.  Since there were people in here, and we were all scrunched together, I had to fight back my smile.  The little image of us kept replaying and playing in my head, making my stomach churn even more.

Harry and I kissed.

 ♥