Chapter 9

Chapter 9: Rosalie's POV 

"How long has it been since we came here?"  Niall started conversation, his hands resting on his stomach.  We were all currently laying down on the sand, enjoying the clear, bright sky that was laid out above us.  I was currently laying in between Niall and Liam, who was right next to Harry and Louis who seemed to have no care in the world at this moment.  They were both in their own conversation, speaking to each other quietly that I couldn't seem to make out what it was.  I shouldn't bother them though, interrupt the two on what they were talking about.  If I asked them, it'd be a rude gesture.  They could be talking about something that I wasn't allowed to hear.

Niall's question made me think.  My eyebrows were furrowed, arms turning numb from my head that was laying on them for quite a long time.  I counted the days they've been here, and it seemed close to thirty.  That would be about four weeks.  It's been roughly four weeks since my new friends have entered here, accompanying me on this very island.  I have to say, we have all became quite close with each other, but I'm not sure I should say I could fully trust them yet.  

It's not that they aren't good people - they are, but I haven't known them long enough for them to gain my trust.  I guess they'd all have to do something miraculous for that to be fully earned, or for me to know them better individually.  What I mean is, spend time with all of them by ourselves.  In a friendly way of course, anything romantic, sappy, or simply anything that has to do with love - not my kind of thing.

I finally answered Niall's question, turning my head to the left to face his ocean blue eyes,"I have to make a guess, mostly because I'm not all that sure.  But I am quite positive that you all have been here for about a month."

"Oh my God.  Guys, we've been here for a month!" Niall's body shot up, shouting at his friends with a shocked tone.  His eyes were widened, mouth gaped.  I saw the rest of them follow his movements, moving their bodies up fast to look at me with confusion.  "Rosie, are you sure?"

I nodded my head, "Positive.  Time flies fast when you're not acknowledging every little thing."

"Guys, our tour!" Liam spoke loudly, looking back at his friends with a worried lake.  "The plane crash.  Everyone must thing we're dead!"  This is where I step in with me being the confused one, wondering what they were talking about.  A tour?  Everyone?  What was that supposed to mean?

"I'm sorry guys, but I'm a little bit lost.  Can someone fill me in to what you guys are talking about?" I said, scratching the back of my head.

"We're in a band..." Zayn spoke.  "A big one actually.  Before we crashed into the ocean...we were heading to Australia to do a gig.  Several concerts in Adelaide, and a few in Sydney.  But now we can't do that because we've been stuck here for a month.  Quite a shame actually, Australia is one of my favorite places to be at."

"Oh...so that means you're...famous?" I asked, fiddling with my fingers while looking at Zayn.  He nodded his head, looking at me in the eyes.  This made me think more...I'm dealing with famous people.  Great (hint the sarcasm).  I sighed, speaking with a glee tone in my voice, "Lovely." 

"Tell me more about your band...it seems very interesting.  Like your name, how it happened, exactly how big you are, you know?  I'm just really curious about you guys."

Harry spoke up, "Well there are some things you might not get, but you'll catch on later."  He took in a deep breath before explaining, then finally started their story, "We were each auditioning as individuals in a singing competition called the X-Factor.