Chapter 34

Co-written with @Forever_Yours_Too

Chapter 34: Harry's POV 

I dropped my pencil, and buried my head in my hands, sighing.

"She's never going to read those you do know that Harry." Niall stated as he took a swig of the large Pepsi bottle he held in his right hand.  I scoffed, and scooted away from him to be left drowning in my thoughts.  They say it takes months to get through a loss of someone.  Endless hours of missing the one you deeply care about.

In reply to my huff, Niall laughed humorlessly, and patted me on the back, "You need to get out of the house, mate." Niall sighed.  I ignored him.

There were so many things that I have wanted to say to her, and do with her.  We never got the chance to do anything or say much since I was helping her get the hang of things when she first arrived, and because she was forced to live with her uncle.  She had no say in any of it, and just went on the plane anyway.  Even if I am gone most of the time, she still could have lived with me.

"Come on, Harry." He spoke again.

Groaning, I tangled my fingers in my messy hair. Nodding my head in response to Niall's suggestion, I got up from my criss-cross position on the floor.

He raised his eyebrows, looking shocked, "I honestly thought you were going to say no, and continue to keep moping around in hope Rosie will magically show up at your door and kiss you senselessly."

I laughed bitterly. “If only.”

Niall walked past me and patted me on the head, messing up my hair even more, and said,“C’mon, move on, and if you really love her, and she does too, you guys will find your way back to each other.”

“Niall,” I say quietly at first. “I didn’t know you were so deep.” Then I almost fell over laughing. He swatted his hand at me and I moved away just in time to avoid getting hit in the face with his flying hand.

A few seconds later, I was on the ground, and Niall was pulling me off the ground and pushing me through the door playfully. “Get out,” I tripped over my feet as I walked out, but it was fine. I hadn’t felt so happy in ages. In fact, I hadn’t been feeling anything at all.

“Alright, I’m going. I’m going.” I put my hands up surrendering, as his hands were on my back, still pushing me, but now down the stairs.

Halfway out the door, I realized that I was walking alone now, and that Niall was gone. I turned around and the house was empty as ever, and the smile was wiped off of my face.

It was still just me. All alone again, with this force making me put one foot ahead of the other, and before I knew it, my hand was on the doorknob, twisting it all the way to let myself out.

And as I walked out, I realized that I hadn’t let myself breathe for so long, that the air outside hurt my lungs. My fists clenched and unclenched, as a wind blew past my ear, and whispered something like, “Time to let go.” And I breathed.

Niall's POV

As soon as I made sure that Harry was out the door and into the sunshine, I ran back up the stairs, and shoved the door open, frantically trying to find where Harry had left his letter, but when I looked, it was still where he left it: on his desk. Sighing a huge sigh of relief for not having to go find it, I glanced around the room, looking for anything else that I could take, but found nothing. It was strange, as I would have thought someone like Harry would’ve found something, even something small would count, to keep as something from Rosie. Maybe something she had forgotten to pack, but it seemed like she wasn’t the person to forget anything.

Just as I jammed the letter into my pocket and found a nearby envelope, as I walked out the door, something on Harry’s shelf caught my eye and I walked over to it.

It was a picture. Small pictures of the both of them, maybe taken some time awhile back, because I had never seen it. I couldn’t tell where they were located at, but it was them for sure. Harry was laughing like crazy, and Rosalie had this amused expression, but her gaze was definitely looking at Harry’s crazed from laughter green ones.

I smiled to myself as I stared a bit longer, because I knew that they would find their way back to each other. This enough proved it. Then quickly grabbing the picture and slipping both the letter and it into the envelope, I rushed down the stairs to quickly grab a pen to write the address which I had found on the internet, and to find the stamp needed to send the letter.

Stuffing it back into my pocket, I walked outside the door, and suddenly found the mailbox that I was about to put the letter into, in front of me.  Quickly, so Harry wouldn't suspect anything.

Taking a deep breath and letting it out, I slipped it into the slot for the outbox, hoping that Rosie would receive it soon enough before anything else could happen and change between them.  I wanted her to know that Harry still cares, even if it hasn't been that long.

After hearing the satisfying plunk of the letter falling into the box, I turned around to rejoin Harry with a grin, hiding the little plan that I had done for my dear friend.

Once I caught up to Harry, I bumped into him and nodded at him, already taking off in a run, “Race you to Zayn’s house!”

Harry shook his head at me and laughed, starting to run along after me, soon catching up to me. He was much quicker than I was, and more healthier.  Even if Zayn's house was almost a few houses away, I still failed to win against by unbiological brother.  The reason behind that was because I had stopped to breathe, and gain back my energy.  I shouldn't have downed that whole two-liter bottle of Pepsi.

“Good luck with that Horan, because I might have already won!”