Chapter 46

Chapter 46: Rosalie's POV

The mirror held my reflection, and I stared at it as if I've never looked at myself before.  Really, I was getting ready for another date that Harry is taking me on to supposedly make things up to me.  He promised me, after all. He thinks that taking me out for a fancy dinner will make me feel better.  I mean yeah, there will be food involved, but there will be people around us so there's no way that we could talk about management in public.  Someone could overhear us.

I pinched at my skinny sides, admiring myself in the dark red dress that was provided by Hope for this special night.  The dress had no sleeves, but it wasn't sleeveless if that made any sense.  A sheer neckline it had, the fabric from my chest up see-through all the way up to my neck.  The rest was all lace (with a dark red base underneath), and it went down to my knees.  I have to admit, it looked lovely on me, and I am almost positive Harry will like it. But because of my current feelings, I just couldn't focus on what I looked like.  I only paid attention to what tonight's events would bring.

Today is the last day that Harry and I will be able to see each other for a long while, if we're still together at least.  Tomorrow he will be on the plane to go to another destination of One Direction's tour, and I wouldn't be able to contact him at a decent time due to certain time zones.  He'll be off to somewhere other than America in another place that I don't know the name of.

Honestly, I was nervous.  There was no way that I'd be able to keep my food in later because of it. My stomach will flutter, and next thing I know there will be lasagna on the dinner table.

I didn't exactly know when Harry would arrive, but I knew that it would be soon.  Just to make sure, I put on a pair of black heels so I would be ready to leave.  I went simple on my hair, and kept my natural curls, but only pinned up half of it to make sure it looked like I tried.  Overall, I looked somewhat decent, when in reality I was just lazy.  I had no motivation to try at all this week.

Sighing, I turned away from the mirror, not wanting to look at myself.  I walked out of my bedroom, but stumbled in the heels due to the carpet floor, and walked down the stairs carefully.  I don't think Harry would like to see me dead on the ground because of my clumsiness.  It'd also be bad because he leaves tomorrow, and he'd for sure leave traumatized.

I walked to the kitchen, and poured myself a glass of water to try to help the tension and butterflies I felt in my stomach.  My throat was closing, and I was dizzy.  My right hand was gripping the kitchen counter, and my other was grasping onto the cup.  Because of my carelessness, I dropped the cup, and so glass shattered on the floor.

Gulping, I bent down to try to clean things up, but of course being stupid me I had cut my finger. Putting my finger in my mouth, I cringed at the metallic taste of blood on my tongue.  I needed a band-aid to get rid of this small accidents, and the others on my legs.  They oozed blood, making me even more dizzy than ever before.  Who am I now?  What happened to the strong girl back at the island?

I turned my body when I heard the doorbell ring, and hesitated for a moment.  I knew it was Harry wanting to come in, so I walked towards the front door to let him in. As soon as I opened the door, he gave me a big grin, but it faded when he saw the cuts on my legs, and my bleeding finger.

"What happened?" Harry said worriedly, rushing to me for aid. He led me back into the kitchen, and rummaged through the cupboards to try to find something that could help stop the bleeding, or keep it from dropping on the floor.  He succeeded, and found a box of band-aids, bending down to attach them to my legs.