Chapter 5

Chapter 5: Rosalie's POV 

We were all gathered around on the sand in a circle, our hands grasping coconut shells that held the milk inside of them.  The day was wasted trying to feed us six people, finding berries, and managing to explore deep in the trees for fruits to fulfill all of our hungry needs.  Luckily, we were full, but were just drinking our last of the coconuts, savoring the sweet taste and not wanting to waste the food that we have all desperately needed.

The sunset was going down, a beautiful orange tint illuminating the soon-to-be night sky.  A small fire was lit in the middle, crackling and setting off a dancing flame that had reflected across our faces.  The fire had warmed us all, my cold skin now hot from the high temperature of the heat the flame had given.  The most air was a bonus, no doubt with being cold throughout the night when I slept shamelessly.

Silence filled the air, all of us occupied by staring at the illuminating light from the fire.  These were one of the few precious moments we've shared together.  After a few days of knowing each other, who knew you could open up to them and trust them so easily?  They were the brother's I've never had.  Silent, yet amazing moments like these, you have to savor them.  There's a chance the best moments you go through, will most likely never happen again.  Unless you're lucky, then you can just live the moments once more before they're gone forever.

The sounds of the wild animals behind the trees were filling the airs, noises from the waves crashing against the shore.  Everything just seemed so beautiful right now.  Everything was calm, and just...perfect.

Years on an island is not always fun, especially with no one to share it with.  I've had constant hope that someone would come and save me, help me and ask me every question there is to ask.  Simply making a friend is what I wanted, having someone I can relate to and have fun with.  These boys, I guess you could say it's fate.  It's theirs, and my fate to find each other.

I sighed, sipping what was last of the coconut before setting it on the ground next to me.  Everyone followed, then continued to stare at the fire that was slowly dying out.  The left corner of my lip started to tilt up nervously, my eyes looking down at my hands which were playing with the sand beneath me.  They were running through the tiny pebbles, and falling down to match back with the other little rocks.  Sand just felt good in between my fingers, so I tend to do that often.

Someone coughed, making my head to turn to the direction it was coming from.  Harry.  His eyes were looking into mine, but he looked back down before scratching the back of his neck nervously,"I'm sorry for asking again...but I'm still curious.  How did you get here?"

Of course I had to tell them sooner or later.  I could literally feel the curiousness that were building up in their eyes and minds.  It would be nice to get it off my chest, finally telling something for once, so I decided to tell them.

Taking in a deep breath before looking back down, tugging at my toes in a sheepish manner.  I opened my mouth, "I don't remember much, honestly, but I'll try."  They all looked at me, determined and waiting for me to answer the question fully.

"My parents and I were going on a cruise, because it was given to my dad by his boss as a congratulations for a job promotion he got.  When I was asleep on the ship, I heard weird noises, so I tried to find my parents.  They weren't in our room, so I went on the deck to find them.  So many people were freaking out and running around, I didn't exactly know why really.  I was seven then, not very bright or smart and all..."

"It was very stormy.  Thunder, lightning, rain...what any ordinary storm would have.  I was constantly running around, trying to get passed the screaming crowds.  I somehow managed to find my parents, but not in the best condition.  My dad's stomach was split open, a flying knife I guess somehow got to him.  My mom was sitting right next to him, crying.  Then I heard a crack."