Chapter 25

Chapter 25: Rosalie's POV 

"What are we, Harry?" I questioned quietly, looking down at my fiddling hands. He looked at me with a confused look on his face, as if he didn't know what kind of question I was asking. I'm sure he knew exactly what I was saying, though. It wasn't a hard guess, especially for a guy like him. He probably just wanted to make sure if he heard right.

"What do you mean?" He asked, his eyebrows furrowed. This made my stomach twist with nerves. I didn't want to repeat what I had just said. It made my cheeks flush, and my body shake. The reason being for such a reaction was because I was afraid of the answer he would give me. I don't know.

That seemed to be a common answer for him, and. One person asks an important question, and they get an answer that tells them that they don't know. The truth is, they do know. They're just scared of saying the right answer. The person saying those three words are scared to be judged, or thought wrong of. They hate anything that doesn't go right. Much like me.

"What I mean is...is what are we? Relationship wise?" Gulping, looking back up at him. Harry relaxed himself and looked down. "I need to know...if I'm going to be leaving soon. I don't want to leave with a heartbreak."

"Leave with a heartbreak? Would that mean you-"

"Yes Harry, I like you. More than friends wise...and if I don't get your answer I'll be confused. When I leave, I don't want to leave thinking about all the possibilities of what we could be. I need to know. I know you know what I mean...you're just scared of answering it."

"No, Rose, it's not that I'm scared. It's just that...I like you too. In the same way that you're feeling actually. It's just, I don't know what we could be. Considering Megan and I had broken up a few weeks ago, I don't know if another relationship would be good for me at the moment. Believe me, I want to be in one with you...I just have to get permission."

"Permission to what? Like who you want to like, date who you want to date? It's a shame how you let them control you! You're so young, you don't need someone telling you how to live your life! I can't believe I'm saying this...but rebel for once! You don't have to tell or ask Simon, and management everything." I said. "Now, let's get them out of the picture and pretend they don't exist. What are we, Harry?"

"We're two friends who have developed feelings for each other, but aren't allowed to be with one another." He whispered. He was right, though. Because of the type of person he is, and the career he has, we can't be together. At least that's what I think...but judging by all of the people who control his life, all the people who follow him and his friends, everyone would be judgemental.

It's not that any of us would care if someone judges the both of us together. It's the fact that the both of us are sensitive enough to let it all get to us. I've seen how many people are after him, and how they're there wherever he is. The blame would partially be on me because of my condition and fear of crowds. The other blame would be Simon, and management who would say no to every question he asks.

I don't know how he does it. How he lets everyone step all over him like that. I'm not the greatest reader to witness all the words they say on the Internet (which Eleanor has gladly introduced me to), but I have been told almost all of the cruel things said about him, and the other's. The girls included, too. If that were me in his shoes, I would step up, and confront them about it. Maybe in a less dramatic way, but in a way that people would get so they could maybe step away for a while.

Everyone needs space, peace, and calmness every once in a while. For me, my time is up, because I have had eleven years of that.

I sighed and rested my head on my elbow that was placed on the restaurant table, playing with the straw that was in my water. I looked up at Harry, switching the subject back to the people who control his life, "If you asked management permission for us to be...together. What do you think they'll say? Would they accept it and say do whatever, or would they deny and say it will never happen, and that they won't allow it?" I raised an eyebrow, all my attention on Harry now.

Harry looked as if he was in deep though, but it looked as if he was under a lot of pressure too. It's not my fault that I'm curious about out status -- well, it actually is, but that's not the point. I'm a woman filled with many questions that need to be answered.

"I-I think they would say..." He bit his lip, pausing. You could easily read his face and of how he felt. He felt confused, he didn't know what to say. He groaned and rested both his elbows on the table, burying his head in his hands. "I know what they would say, but I don't want to tell you."

"Please, Harry."

"Fine." He breathed out, looking up at me. "They would say no, and that it wouldn't work. Considering you're moving to Miami in as little as two days, we wouldn't have time to do much. I'll be off on tour with the boys, and you'll be figuring your life out with your family. Plus...management wouldn't say you're...not stable enough to be in the media. Even if you are now, a relationship with me would double the pressure on you."

"I'm not stable enough...what would that-" I started to shout, but was cut off by the sound of a phone ringing.

Harry groaned and reached into his pocket, pulling out his cell phone which was eagerly ringing, it's sound spreading all throughout the restaurant we were in. When he saw who was calling on the caller ID, he looked at me worriedly, "Speaking of management...it's them." Then he answered.

He went into conversation with the person who was on the phone, speaking quietly so I wouldn't hear that much. When he talked on the phone, it looked as if he was...sad? That doesn't look good, and it probably doesn't sound good either.

Just a few minutes later he hung up, and put his phone back in his pocket. Harry got up quickly, grabbing his jacket which was hung on the chair of which he was sitting on just a few seconds ago. I followed his movements, getting up from my seat and finishing up of what was left in my cup, and on my plate. Just before I had finished everything, Harry looked up at me seriously, "We have to go."

"What, why? Where are we going?" I wondered.

"We're going to the office. Management needs us, it's pretty important." Harry said, not making eye contact with me as we left the building (of course he paid for the bill). This only made me even more confused, wanting to know more.

"What's important, and why am I going?"

Harry turned to me, almost looking angry, "Your uncle is here, Rosie."