Chapter 41

Chapter 41: Rosalie's POV

"Look, a shooting star!" I pointed at the night sky, making Harry turn his attention from me to look up.  He huffed, and shook his head.

"I don't see anything." Harry complained.

"Maybe because you were too slow," I rolled my eyes, as did he.

Harry smirked, turning over so his front could face me, "I was concentrating on something more important." This made my cheeks turn the color of a tomatoe.

"Yeah, well, um..." I didn't know how to reply to him, so I hesitated.  He laughed, and leaned in to kiss my nose.  "Stop being stupid." That only made him laugh even more.  I covered my face with my hands, and groaned, knowing he won.

Minutes after we returned to land from our jump in the cliff, I realized how stupid I was to strip completely naked in Harry.  Sure he's seen me naked, but on the first date?  How about no.

We then put our clothes back on, and laid a blanket down on the ground.  Harry and I got lost with each other's presence, and also managed to use our free time with taking a nap in the middle of the wilderness.  At least Harry did, and his snoring was obnoxious.  However, I ignored it, picking at the yellow grass to help my boredom.  I continued to do that until he woke up, and now look where we are.  Staring at the sky with nothing to talk about.  The shooting stars were just a filler to help the silence.

"Can I tell you something?" I sait, sitting up.  Harry raised an eyebrow, and nodded his head, urging me to continue.  I fiddled with my fingers, not wanting to meet his eyes.  "Well, um...something happened last year on Thanksgiving."

"And what would that be?"

I sighed, "I got a letter.  From you."

Harry scrunched his eyebrows, confused at what I said.  I knew that he didn't know about the letter. His reaction confirmed my theory of Niall sending the letter himself.  At this moment, I felt bad at the fact that Harry didn't mean for the letter to be sent.  I was also scared to tell him more about what it contained.

"I never sent you a letter?" He said confusingly.

Nodding, I stopped moving my hands and looked up at him, "I know.  Niall did but the envelope said that it was from you."

"What exactly did the letter say?"

My stomach queased, I became nervous.  "Basically the letter told me about your feelings for me and how you missed me and stuff."

"That was supposed to be private." Harry said, his teeth clenched together, "I'm going to kill him."

"No you're not." I reassured.

Harry sighed, "I know.  I just didn't want that to be shown to you at all...ever.  I was actually going to burn it when I realized that I wouldn't see you again."

"Look where we are now."

"I know, and I'm glad." Things then grew silent, and the awkward tension in the air grew.  Coughing, I tried to at least add noise from a human rather than mother nature.  The singing birds, and waves crashing along the rock wall didn't make things much louder or less awkward for the both of us.

"You do know I'm going to talk to him though, right?" Harry said, I didn't reply.  "Do you still have it?"

"Yeah, it's in my bedroom at home." I admitted. "I didn't quite know what to do with it so I kept it in one of my dresser drawers."