Chapter 47

Chapter 47: Rosalie's POV

I paced around in my living room at ten o'clock in the evening, ignoring the shrieks and sounds that are coming from my television.  This whole night after the date has been spent with me walking around my home, hoping that it will somehow open up my brain to think of a solution to this entire mess.  I was scared that Harry would leave without an answer, and I would be left to wonder why.

There was no way that I would let Harry leave with no explanation.  I don't care if he's supposed to leave tomorrow, I want to talk to him now.  About everything, this whole mess, all of it.  I don't care how it ends.  Answers were all I needed.

I stopped walking, and looked at the coffee table.  My phone was right there, and all I had to do was click a few buttons to call Harry.  He's probably asleep now...I shouldn't bother him.  But you must. My conscience spoke to me, luring me in the trap.  I walked toward the table, and picked up my cell phone.  My eyes were staring at the blank screen for a few minutes before I decided to call.

It rung, and next thing I knew someone had picked up, "Rose, why are you calling?  I wanted to go to bed early tonight...well earlier than usual," Hope groaned on the other line, complaining at my sudden dial.

"Help me, Hope," I pleaded, sobbing on my line.  She sighed, "Please."

"Fine, fine.  Let me...get out of my bedroom.  Isaac is stirring," Hope whispered, her shuffling able to hear.  I heard the click of a door open, and shut.  I now knew that she was either in the hallway bathroom, or in her kitchen because you could hear her feet stomp on the polished floors.  "What's wrong, exactly?  I'm forgetting things right now."

"I-I think Harry's lying to me.  We went on a date a few hours ago, nothing much happened but towards the end we started talking and he seemed sort of...off?" My words came out sound like a question, as I was unsure myself of what I was saying.  "He got a phone call by the end of the date, which didn't really give us much time to actually converse."

"What kind of phone call?  What did Harry say it was?"

"He said that the boys somehow needed him for something, but that he doesn't know what.  The thing is, though, is that he stuttered and I've noticed how he sometimes does that when he's making something up."

"He leaves tomorrow, right?" Hope asked.

"Yeah, early tomorrow.  I think they all leave at around 7 o'clock.  Maybe a little bit earlier," I said, twirling a strand of hair.

"Well," She breathed in, then breathed out, "You better talk to him now.  Whether it's him coming over to your place, or you going to his hotel room.  You can't let him leave when you are suspicious."

"That's--" I hesitated, "I guess that's a good idea."

"You guess?" She huffed, "Either you're going to talk to him or not.  Pick one or the other."

"I'll invite him over," I blurted, "I don't want anyone overhearing us if a fight breaks out."

"Try not to let a fight happen.  You don't want him to leave angry, that'll mess up the rest of his tour." Hope suggested, and I sighed.  She was right.  If a fight were to happen, there was no way that he'd leave happy.  Unless it ended with us on good terms, but I have no idea about the future.  No one does.

I mumbled, "I'll try."

"Don't try, just do," And then Hope hung up, leaving me speechless.  My heart was beating quickly, and my stomach had butterflies fluttering around in it.  I was so nervous, and I wanted to cry because of it.  Harry was probably still awake in some kind of meeting.  You shouldn't bother him. The angel had said.  But you must. The devil hissed in my ear.