Chapter 28

Chapter 28: Rosalie's POV 

"Took you guys long enough." A girl with bright red hair came up to us, a big smile on her face.  She greeted Uncle Chris with a hug, then turned to me, looking me up and down.  Judging by her happy gestures to Chris, I take it that the girl in front of me was my cousin, Rachel.  She was not who I expected to be.  

Rachel had hair the color of a tomato, and eyes as green as an evergreen's leaves, much like Harry's. Her height was a little bit shorter than me, but I was quite short also.  After all, she was only sixteen years old as told by Uncle Chris, so I take it she hasn't fully grown yet.  Another possibility is that my family could be born and grown with short heights.  Either solution is fine I guess.

"You must be...Rosie?  I still remember you as Kayla but I guess I'll get used to Rosie." Rachel laughed, right before inspecting me a little bit closer.  She raised an eyebrow, and crossed her arms, "Confused you are, I can tell.  When I was four, you were six.  You and I used to play in the sandbox together at your parents place whenever there was a family get together, that's how I remember you.  Don't worry about explaining anything to me, my dad already told me on the phone about your memory loss."

I look towards my uncle, and he nodded at me, telling me that what Rachel was saying is correct. Smiling down at the red haired girl, I replied to her with a chuckle, "Yeah...even if I didn't have my memory loss I probably wouldn't recognize you.  Red doesn't look like your natural hair color...especially that shade of red."

"Don't worry...I wasn't born crazy looking.  I'm really a brunette, much like you." Rachel smiled.  It seemed as if something clicked in her right afterwards, with her eyes widening and her vision looking towards the bags and cases that Chris and I held, she loudly exclaimed, "I forgot about your bags.  Anyways, we should go.  Don't want to keep your new home waiting!"

Rachel doesn't seem like a bad person.  She's quite happy, and humorous, so I take it that her and I would get along just fine.  It's was nice how she had such a nice attitude when she found Uncle Chris and I, adding a little laughable line to make us smile.  Although I couldn't remember anything about my childhood, or her in general, I knew that we had gotten along when we were younger.  I guess that's nice...right?

"Where is this new home of mine anyway." I asked her as we started to walk out the door, wincing, and dodging people that stood in my way.  "My parents were rich, right?  One of you guys would have probably inherited their riches and wealth." The subject of my parents were getting less emotional, it was time I 'woman' up, and be strong.  After all, their death was about twelve years ago anyway.

"Considering your father was my brother, and him and I were really close, I inherited some of the wealth.  Though, your relatives and family members were also quite rich themselves.  The Sullivan side has a strong line of degrees and smarts so there's no problem with making money." Uncle Chris noted.

"Also, considering we're all related and have the same blood, and that your parents had a lot of money, you practically own all of their money, too.  After you went missing and your body wasn't found, but proclaimed dead at seven years old, there was still a slight chance that you were still alive but in hiding.  Now look where you are." He continued.

"Oh...so the money...it's all mine?" I asked, lowering my head so I could get in the white vehicle that Rachel had pulled up for when she was waiting for Chris' and my plane to come in.

"Some of it, but not all of it.  Your other uncles, and aunts had taken some too since they were close with your father.  He was a great controvert and good with conversations and relationships. Now, enough talk of money, let's go home.  I'm quite tired, and I'm sure the talk of your parents bring bad memories to you Rosalie." He smiled at me from the passengers seat, before turning his head away to stare at the commotion happening on the outside of the windshield.