Epilogue

Epilogue

There's always that one event in your life that changes everything.  It can change the way you act, how you feel, or even the way you look.  The event could have been good, or bad, thus bringing one of the same.  Whether it contains life or death, there will always be a lesson taught from it that is never acknowledged until the very end.  Everything will be okay.

No one is meant to experience such drastic events, or think terrible thoughts.  Sometimes people just end it all before things could get resolved, and realize that there is always an end to this madness, and that death is not always the answer.  Harm is never the answer, either.  What good does it bring?  Nothing.  Does it help? No.  So why do it?

That's the thing.  We're human.  No one is perfect.  Therefore, our actions aren't perfect.  We think things that aren't true, and do things that we think will make everything okay.  Humans sin every day, even the saints and most innocent beings.  We're tempted to do things we aren't supposed to do, and sometimes get sucked in a vortex of tragic events.

Why'd this happen? No one knows.  Some say a forbidden fruit was eaten, thus causing destruction and a wretched world.  Other's say it was evolution.  We'll never have the answer until we're all gone, done for.  I guess the only thing you need to hang onto is faith.  Religious or not, you still need that someone who you can rely on to.  Someone who will always help you, and guide you in your most tearful moments.  Even if there's no one there, you still have yourself.  You're your own demon, so why don't we kill the monster inside of us?  Why don't we comfort ourselves when no one else is there to do it for us? You're the only one who can answer those questions.

In early 2013, a girl had sprung up the idea of a story.  A story about a girl who had suffered a tragedy, and memory loss. She goes through pain, happiness, and pain again.  But did the fictional girl give up?  No.

She fought for herself, but not while struggling to make everything better.  It was a rocky road, but she didn't die, did she?  Of course not.

At the age of seven, Kayla Marie Sullivan never expected to be in a tragic shipwreck.  She never knew that her destiny was to be stranded on an island for eleven years without any memory of her parents, or any kind of past at all.  She never ever thought to wonder what would happen at that island.  Whether she'd get rescued, or die of starvation.

As for the everything will be okay part, you are now thinking The Island Girl didn't have a happy ending. You're quite wrong. In fact, you're very wrong.

Somewhere in Kayla's fictional world, she had managed to find her one true love years after letting him go.  His career was now over with, and he had no one to hold on to.  He had his friends...but could they hold him the way a wonderful, and faithful wife would?  No.  Kiss him the way a loving girlfriend would?  No. Care for him the way a best friend would? Maybe.

If you were to jump into her present now, as if it were real life, you would smile.  Why? Well, you should probably read for yourself.  Let's get to the real epilogue.

"Oh my God," She covered her mouth, admiring the white wedding dress.  She observed how much it had flowed down to the ground, and admired the sweet lace that was sewn onto it.  The dress was fit for a princess, but yet there was no royalty wearing it.  Just a young girl ready to be wed to her fiance, as they've been engaged for a very long time. "You look so beautiful."

The woman kissed her daughter's cheek, which made the young one turn the color of a tomatoe -- a trait she had gotten from her mother, "Mum...can you stop?"

"My baby is getting married," She ignored her.  The woman couldn't help but shed a tear.  Her daughter rolled her eyes, and shuffled in her spot to get more acquainted with her wedding dress.

"You should probably get going.  I'm about to walk out soon," The daughter sighed, pushing her mother away from her.

The woman widened her eyes, "Oh--yes, I'm so sorry. Don't be nervous, you're going to be great." Just then, the bridesmaids had started to push her out so she could get seated, the woman didn't stay with her daughter any longer.

A few moments later, the wedding march started playing.  Everyone stood up from their seats, and turned towards the door, waiting for the young girl to walk down the aisle.  As soon as she entered, and started to move slowly towards her fiance, her mother started to cry.  She didn't have her husband to lean on to as he was walking down the aisle also.

Everyone sat back down, and so the preacher started to speak.  For a while, he went on and on about being faithful, until it was time for the couple to exchange their vows and rings.  They did, and so a little bit later they were allowed to kiss. Now declared husband & wife.

The rest of the night dragged on and on. Everyone was sat down to eat, saying their toasts and comments about the groom and bride.  They danced, and then the night was over.  The couple left to their honeymoon, leaving the parents there to drive home.

They entered their luxurious home in no time, both tired from the long night.  The woman had taken off her heels, and followed her husband to the bedroom to get ready to go to bed.

Of course, they stripped to their underwear get comfortable, but they were interrupted by sobs that were coming out of the woman's mouth.

"What's wrong?" Her husband rushed towards her, desperately wanting to know why his wife was crying.  She shook her head.

"I just--" She paused, "We're all alone now. My baby got married, and she's gone."

"You're worrying too much.  Rest, take a bath," He said, putting his arms around her, kissing her neck passionately.  His actions made the woman swoon, and nearly fall in his arms.  If that were to happen, would he let her go?  Of course not.  Not like before.

She sighed, and released herself from his grasp, "I know but I can't help but worry at the fact that our only daughter had just gotten married.  She grew up too fast."

"They all grew up fast, you have to realize that."

"Yeah, I know.  But all four kids?  They're all gone now, living their own lives," She cried even more. The man pulled her in for a hug, and rubbed her back to try to calm her down.  The woman sobbed again, sniffling against his chest.

"Now we're off to live ours," He gave her a sweet smile, "Together, forever."  The woman didn't reply back.  Her husband frowned.

"Is something wrong, love?"

"Harry I-I've always wanted a lot of kids...but I'd never thought I could have any more right after Isobel was born." 

"Would you still like more?" He wanted to give her the world, and everything that's in it.  Even if it included giving her many, many kids.  The both of them were never ready to stop...and they haven't made love in twenty years.  What would it lead to now?  Could they have another? "Rosie."

"Y-yes," She stuttered.

"Is that so?" He smirked.

"You're still open, and young," Harry pushed Rosie on the bed, leaning towards her to nip her neck hungrily.  He pulled away to whisper roughly in her ear, "Why don't we have just one more then?"

Despite all of Kayla's faults, and mistakes, there will always be one thing that she'll be known as.

The Island Girl.