Chapter 42

Chapter 42: Rosalie's POV 

"No, you're not supposed to do that!  You're so stupid!" Hope yelled at the TV, throwing a piece of popcorn at it.  I laughed, shaking my head at her.  She was so weird, but that is one of the reasons on why I call her my best friend.  I couldn't imagine life without her.

Hope and I were watching the typical horror movie.  The door is wide open, the guy is free to leave the place and be safe...but what does he do?  He goes in the basement to continue to investigate. I think you can pretty much guess what happens after that.  A terrible, stupid, and horrible death.  If I were that guy, I would have ran the hell out of that place.  Oh well.

"Don't throw the popcorn!  What did it ever do to you?" I shouted at Hope.

"It ruined me by gaining me pounds because of it's salty, delightful, buttery goodness." Hope eyed one, and popped it in her mouth.  The crunching noise of her smacking her jaw on it made me twitch, and cringe.  I hated that noise so much.

"Defending food are we?" Uncle Chris walked in with another bowl of popcorn, as we have downed our current bowl just a few seconds ago.  Considering Hope and I were on a movie spree, it was the right snack to eat.  The both of us had watched endless movies, and had eaten packs of popcorn.  We were down to our last package in the box now.  I could live without it, but as for Hope, it was like the devil wanted to mess with her.

I laughed, taking the bowl out of my uncle's hands, and placed it between Hope and I.  She and I decided to take a little visit at the mansion, mainly because Chris had a whole room of films that we could watch all day.  Today was pretty much nothing, so we did just that.  Also, today was apparently special.  A special dinner that included my troublemaker cousin Rachel.

Since Harry and I last saw each other at my house a few days ago, I decided to invite him.  He only has a week and a half left until he leaves Miami, so I decided to fit in this little dinner to try to improve our time together.  Although he's busy, there is still time that we could hang out.  Even if it involved my crazy family, and best friend.

"Food helps us live, why not defend it?" I said to Chris with a laugh.  He smiled, and took the empty bowl, and went to take it to the kitchen then do what he pleases.

The movie only lasted about twenty minutes or so.  When it ended, Hope and I looked at each other with a disgusted look on our face.  I shook my head, and face palmed, "That movie was terrible."

"It's probably because the only language in it was French.  Why the hell does Chris have a French movie on his shelf?" Hope asked.

I shrugged, "The chef is from Paris.  On breaks he watches horror movies in French because that's like the only language he knows, I don't know!"

"You learn something new everyday."

"I guess.  I wish I would learn French though because the only thing I could order from the chef is toast which is something I hate." I laughed.  Hope looked at me as if someone died, but it was because I said I hated toast.  My taste buds just don't find it...filling.  It's just cooked bread, that's all.

I would suggest watching another movie, but I wasn't in the mood anymore.  We've watched so many today.  From chick-flicks to horror movies, then action movies to musicals, it was endless.  We still had so many on the shelves to watch, but so little time.  I chose out time right now to stop watching.  Hope and I have our whole lives to watch them.  I can just see the both of us watching this French movie again when we're eighty, still throwing popcorn at the television.