Chapter 20

Chapter 20: Rosalie's POV 

"What are you doing here Megan?" I asked, dumbfounded when I opened the front door.  The brunette greeted me with a gleaming face, her lips spread in a smile that was wide from ear to ear. Something about her facial expression seemed kind of odd, and mysterious.  She had something planned, and I wanted to know what it is.

"Sorry to bother you, I couldn't help but think about you last night and how you're leaving to Florida in a week.  I figured you might need some clothes to bring, and maybe a few other necessities that would be very helpful for when you leave." She said, stepping through the door without an invitation.

"What are you trying to say?" I questioned, eyebrows furrowed.  As soon as she walked in, I had closed the door, and followed her to the sofa which Megan was already sitting on.

"What I'm trying to say is, is that I want to take you out shopping.  Maybe get to know you a little more.  Also, to celebrate the boys' arrival back home, there will be a party to celebrate in a few days.  The thing is though, is it's a Halloween party too so you might need a costume."

"I-um.  Sure I'll go shopping with you.  I don't know about buying a costume though.  I'd rather just go in regular or in at least dressy clothes." The real thing is, is that I'm already a costume.  Portraying as a poor girl that was stranded on an island, only to be that it was true.  My whole image is some kind of mask I wear, a mask that is yet to be yanked off to show a new face and person.

Going out in public doesn't seem like such a good idea judging by my past experiences with crowds and people.  I'd sweat more, freak out again, and my breathing will become uneven.  Also, who knows if the flashes and people would come piling over around me again.  Though, they were only begging to get a look at One Direction.  The famous boy band who apparently is very popular.

I still have yet to learn everything about this world.  Why people are so desperate to get a look at someone famous, or how to read, maybe even how to live my life correctly.  Going over to my uncles could be an advantage to learning everything.  Maybe he's a teacher, or someone that could get me help and learn more about the world that I live in.

It makes me sad to think that I have about a week left until I'm sent back on a plane to go live with my uncle.  Leaving my new friends behind, and most importantly, leaving Harry.  I still haven't figured out what I'm feeling for him.  It could be a little bit of interest, and dying to have the relationship Megan and him had.  Every time I think about our kiss back at the island, the feeling of his lips lingering on mine came back.  Lips having a tingling sensation, but feeling lost and alone as soon as they parted. It was a wonderful feeling, and it will take a while to feel and do it again.

Everything was like a puzzle.  I had yet to still figure out everything, which would mean putting a few pieces together.  Finding out what my feelings are, and where I belong adds another few pieces to the game.  Also, finding what I needed.  That one thing that would complete my puzzle. Who knows what it could be.  It could be a home, happiness, or even love.  I guess as time goes by I'll get closer and closer to knowing what and where the last piece of my puzzle is.

"Well, if that's what you want.  I don't want to force you into anything." Megan said reassuringly, smiling.  "So, do you want to go or not?"

"As bad as it is for me to go, I kind of want to so I can see how long I can last.  Maybe I'll get used to everything a little bit.  Explore London a little more, experience things I haven't done before.  Like shopping for example.  Anyway, is Eleanor coming with us or is she not?"