Chapter 35

Chapter 35: Rosalie's POV 

"That's how you do it.  Do you understand?" Hope asked, looking at me for reassurance so she wouldn't have to explain again.  I nodded my head, and finished the last problem that was on the sheet that she gave me.  Determined, I finally handed the paper to her to be checked over.  Once she gave me a smile with a light nod, I knew that I did well.

Hope stood up, her arms wide open.  I did the same, and hugged her in a friendly manner.  She rubbed my back, and spoke gleefully, "I'm proud of you, Rosalie.  You've gotten so much done and it's only been a few weeks."

Pulling away from the hug, I replied back to her, "I'm proud of myself too.  Things are different now that I'm starting to understand things.  I feel different too...in a good way."

It's true.  I've been keeping my feelings locked up since Hope came around, and for the sake of my education.  The subject of my crush is slowly leaving my mind, and I'm suddenly moving on. Whether that is an okay thing or not, it's making me happier.  Ever since I stepped off that plane and met warm Miami, I felt new.  Something in me has changed, and a lot of goals had somehow entered my mind.

Yes, my mind drifts off to Harry sometimes during the day, but I always shrug it off.  If I can move on, so can he.  I mean, we weren't even together.  So why mope around about a person you weren't romantically in a relationship with?  Exactly.

"Well, I guess that's great.  Now, to celebrate a change, I say we go out to eat, or have fun of some sort!  All we've done was math, and literature.  I'd like to get to know you better." Hope suggested, and I agreed.

"That's a good idea.  I need to get out of the house anyway." But I'm afraid because of all my previous reactions to large crowds.  I sighed, realizing that I'll have  to toughen up and deal with it.  If things are going to still change, then I have to change my fears and habits.  It might be hard, or easy, but I'll do it.  For the sake of myself, and for Hope.  I will not panic anymore.

Hope walked over to grab her bag off of the kitchen counter, and moved to the foyer to slip on her shoes.  I did the same, and grabbed a pair of flats to match my leggings, and oversized T-shirt.  I wore this outfit to bed, but it's not like anyone outside of the mansion will know that, so I shrugged it off so I wouldn't have to waste time finding another outfit to go outside in.

"We should go now, I have everything I need." I stated, turning over to the brunette with a smile.  She nodded, and grabbed her car keys out of her bag, then opened the front door so we could leave to our wanted destination.

I walked out behind her, and followed Hope to her vehicle, hopping into the passenger's side.

"So, where are we going?" I asked Hope as soon as the car started to move down the trail, and onto the road.

"You'll see." Hope said with a grin, and stayed quiet after that.  After those two words were said, silence filled the vehicle for the whole ride, leaving me to stare out the window, and watch as the world moved by quickly, leaving no time for me to examine the earth that God made.

"We're going shopping?" I asked, standing in front of the large shopping center that stood before me, watching as people come and go, in and out the sliding doors.  Moving my body towards Hope, I spoke, "I think I have everything I need.  There's nothing that I necessarily want at the moment."

Hope chuckled, and raised an eyebrow, "Are you sure about that?" She said, grabbing my arm and pulling me through the doors that opened itself for us.