Chapter 8

Chapter 8: Rosalie's POV 

He wasn't worth the tears.  Especially over something so stupid, so I avoided them.  No watery eyes, nothing.  

A constant rush of feelings were coming in and out of me.  Anger, frustration.  It was like a never-ending roller coaster of agitation.  What was said back there shouldn't have been said.  I knew he couldn't take it back though, it was in the past.  You can't change the past.

It made me laugh when he said it wasn't an insult because I am so sure it was.  No one says something as rude as that to a girl who rarely has any trust in anyone, or to a girl who hasn't clearly gotten over the death of her parents. It was just one small sentence that put down my mood, besides when he insisted that Harry and I had kissed.  We did not!  Who knew one little thing could effect something so...big?  Well, I for sure didn't know.

I was angry — no, frustrated.  Wanting to shout so many things, but I just couldn't.  In fact, I don't even know what to do.  I shook my head, rolling my eyes as I walked down the beach.  My arms were crossed, a frown on my lips, a short sigh escaping from them.  I shook my head, lips then turned from that frown to a fake smile.

I made my way down the beach, eyes going in random directions to try to make me ignore every odd thought from my mind.  Observing my surroundings, taking in the sweet sounds that were heard from both ears.  It was calm.  Peace is what I needed pretty much.

There was nothing that was interesting me though.  Nothing to make me smile a real one.  I wish I could shrug those words off.  Make it seem like it didn't affect me when it did.  I wish I could just let everything go.

I gulped when I heard footsteps come towards me.  Several of them.  It didn't freak me out like it should, scare me as if someone dangerous is coming towards me.  I knew there was no danger because there were only six people currently occupying the island.  There was no worry, well, mostly.  The only worry that's here is me wondering what boy has come to confront me about the incident that happened a little bit ago.

"Rosie." I heard a panting breath, causing me to turn around to face Niall and - Louis.  The blond boy pushed Louis closer to me, who was looking at me with a sympathetic look on his face.  My arms were crossed, an eyebrow now raised at him, waiting for him to speak up.

"Louis, talk." Niall whispered, nudging him closer.  "Come on, she needs to hear this."

"Fine!" Louis spoke, looking at him then back at me.  He gave me an apologetic smile, his fingers fiddling together.  I could tell that he was nervous by his body actions, as I pretty much do the same things when I'm scared or anguished.  I sometimes sweat, and rub my hands together while I choke on my words.  It was a small habit of mine when I was lying to my parents when I was younger, yet another small thing that I can remember.  Only the little things, I do remember about my childhood, and the incident.

"I'll leave you two kids alone." Niall waved his hand off, turning around and taking off to head back down to the rest of the small crowd that was far away from us.  I watched him as he disappeared behind the trees, his movements no longer audible, but words slightly faint, "Louis, don't say anything stupid!"

I saw the blue-eyed boy roll his eyes, shaking his head at his friend.  Seeing him mumble under his breath, making it out to be, "That boy I swear."

Louis was taking too much time, which made me grow impatient.  My arms were now on my hips, eyebrows now changed from one up, to both down, furrowing.  His lack of an explanation made me agitated, causing me to sigh with anger.

I saw the man sigh, looking up at me, "Listen, Rosie, I am really sorry.  Please forgive me?"

"I'll forgive you when you give me an acceptable explanation for what you said.  'Because you're you', what was that supposed to mean?  Am I not who you want me to be?  What is it, tell me!" I shouted, mocking him in the middle of my sentence.  He looked back down, and up.  Louis was just constantly darting his eyes to wherever he could lose eye contact with me.  I tilted my head, impatience getting worse.  I repeated what Louis mumbled to myself in my head, "This boy I swear."

He sighed again, his eyes finally looking back into mine before his mouth opened to answer my question, "I said that because I was stupid first of all.  I needed something to say, an excuse.  From my angle I guess it looked like you two kissed, so I pushed further on with the subject.   Plus, with girls Harry tends to move a little too fast with them."

"The reason why I said 'because you're you' is that you're so different to him.  You have both completely different personalities and to me I guess that...you just don't fit together.  Stupid explanation I know."

"You know what, Louis.  I'm done, let's just drop this.  Please?  Give up on this, it's the past, we can't change it.  So why should we even bother the argument?"  I shrugged, scratching the back of my neck.  I watched him as I saw his eyes light up and nod, understanding what I just said to him.

"So does that mean you forgive me?" He smiled innocently, his eyes filled with hope and glee.

"Yes, that means I forgive you."

 ♥