Chapter 26

Chapter 26: Rosalie's POV 

I struggled to get out of Harry's vehicle.  With my broken leg, and carrying the crutches around, of course I'm going to have a great hassle with getting around.  And with Harry being the sweetest person I know, he had offered to me help with moving around.  Sometimes he just carries me. Although it's unnecessary, Harry refused to let me down when I asked.  I didn't say, or do anything else after that.

Harry slung his arm around my waist as he pulled me out of the car, holding me up as he grabbed the crutches that were thrown in the back seat.  When he pulled them out, he gave them to me so I could support myself better.  Once I got myself adjusted with them to walk on them properly, Harry had locked up the vehicle and slowly followed me inside the office building.

The lobby of the tall building was of course empty as always, making the room seem so dead and boring.  A lady was lazily typing away at her computer at the front desk, paying no attention to the door until we stepped in.  When she looked at us, she recognized Harry immediately.  Because of that recognition, she had noted to us that we were to meet on the second floor.  We both nodded at her, and walked to the sliding doors that held an elevator inside.

The button to go on the second floor was pushed, making the doors close and the elevator start to move.  Harry and I stood together awkwardly waiting for the doors to open up again.  When they did, the both of us slowly walked out, unsure of what was to be met in just a few minutes.

My uncle was in one of the many rooms of this building, waiting for me.  He would be sitting down on a couch, talking amongst the many people who are management, and Simon.  They would be talking about Miami, music, and me.  I knew that since he was here, it would almost be time for my life.  I saw it coming, but I didn't think I'd end up leaving like this.  A simple phone call and a request to go to the office.  That's it?  That was easy.

Harry and I turned a corner, and was met up with an open door.  Inside, you could see many adults and people laughing, exchanging jokes and stories.  Most of the people in there looked old, except for one person who looked to be in his mid-thirties.  It was just a guess, but I had a feeling that he was my uncle.  Well this was unexpected.  I figured he'd look more...older than he is.

I followed Harry inside, my head down and my hair covering my face shyly.  My arms were crossed, and I had refused to look anywhere else besides the floor.  When I got curious to observe my uncle a little more, I looked up, ready to see the young man who would be taking care of me.

We had some of the same facial features, meaning that we were technically blood related.  He must have somehow been a brother to either my mother or father, but I wouldn't know because I don't even remember how they look like.  His hair was a straight dark brown, slightly flown down to the space above his eyebrows.  He had innocent looking green irises, his eyes having the shape on an almond.  This man was also quite tall, a burly 6'3.  If he and I were to be close together, our height difference would be great, as I am a short 5'5, which appeared small to every guy that I have met in my lifetime.

My uncle looked at me with bright eyes, excited to see me.  He immediately ran up to me and gave me a tight hug, never letting go.  He whispered in my ear in a tear jerking voice, "I haven't seen you in years.  Goodness, you have grown so much."

At this moment, I had found it sad that I couldn't even remember my own uncle.  Whether it'd be facial features, names, or even the most simplest memories that we have spent together.  There wasn't one easy memory of him in my mind, even if we did spend a lot of time together in the past.  I didn't recognize him at all, and it hurt me.  I bet if somehow my mother and father came back to life, I wouldn't recognize them either.  That's how sad and severe my memory loss is, and was.

"I didn't recognize you at all when you walked in.  You look so...different than the last time I saw you, which was when you were just a short, and small three year old." He pulled away with a smile.

"Don't feel bad, or sad about this but...I can't remember you.  I don't even know your name." I looked at him with teared up eyes.  "I can't remember anything or anyone from my childhood."

"Oh, well then I should tell you my name.  It's Chris, and I'm your father's brother." He noted, making me nod.  "Kayla, I have a question.  How did you...lose your memory?"

"I fell and hit my head on a rail, and was washed up on a beach.  That was the reason that made me lose all of my memory.  I even forgot my name, so when I was found, my new friends gave me a new name: Rosalie.  I'm so used to that now, so Kayla just sounds weird to me."

"I guess I'll have to get into the habit of calling you that now." Chris laughed, but then turned serious a few seconds later.  "Though, there is a reason why I came without a warning, and I know that you're wondering why I am here.  There's something we have to discuss about this whole staying situation.  Now sit down, Simon Cowell and I will discuss it all with you and Harry."

Harry and I looked at each other, knowing that this wasn't going to be good.  Whenever there's some sort of meeting, there almost always has to be something wrong.  Let's just hope that this discussion isn't anything...bad.  We could get notified for my time of leave.  Other than that, I have absolutely have no idea what else is going to be said or spoken about.

"Rosie, I know you are always thinking about when you're leaving, and why it keeps getting put off.  Well, for example, your broken leg was an injury that couldn't be dealt with on the day you were supposed to leave, so of course your uncle didn't come and get you to bring you to Miami." Simon started.

"But now since it's been a few days after the little accident, I decided it was time to come and get you.  We could deal with your broken leg at home, and your cousin will be there to help tend you to your greatest needs in the timespan where you can't get up and walk by yourself." Chris smiled.  I nodded.

"Wait...I have a cousin?  How many other relatives do I have?" I wondered, excited at the fact that I still have living relatives...maybe a lot more than my uncle and the cousin he had mentioned.

"Rosalie, just because your parents died, doesn't mean the rest of your family died also." He chuckled, shaking his head.  "But your cousin is my daughter, Rachel.  She's just about sixteen, and my only daughter.  Rachel lost her mother too at a young age.  She was in a car crash."

"Oh...I'm sorry."

"It's fine.  But you would have loved your Aunt.  She was such a sweetheart." My uncle grinned.

"Alright you two, you guys can catch up and get to know each other better when you're both in Miami.  We really need to discuss your leave, and what will happen with Harry and you afterwards.  It seems that you two have gotten quite...cozy since you guys have been back." Simon said, eyeing both Harry and me.  The both of us were sitting dangerously close to each other.  Not that I'm complaining.

"What I'm saying is, is the both of you need to move on from each other.  Harry, and the rest of the boys will be doing their next tour soon, and making up some missed concerts from their previous one.  He doesn't need a distraction from anyone.  Therefore, you two are forced to stop talking after you leave, Rosie." He stated, making me frown.  I didn't want to argue, so I let him continue, but felt hurt as he kept speaking.

"That reminds me...when am I leaving?" I half whispered, looking at the ground.

"You're leaving tomorrow, and that is final."