Chapter 40

Chapter 40: Rosalie's POV

“You’ve changed so much.” Niall said quickly, shocked.  I felt awkward that each of the boys were looking me up and down, observing my changed image but I shrugged it off.  They took note of my shorter hair, and different clothing style.  If we were to compare last year me to this year, there is a huge difference.

All of One Direction have changed too, looking more their age.  None of them are teenagers, all of them now over the age twenty.  They look a lot more manlier, and older of course.  As they grow, their image changes.  Some of them are a lot taller than I last remember.  I can’t quite tell who has changed the most, as all of them have changed equally but in different ways.

I don’t exactly know how each of the boys changed.  I guess one half finally hit the gym and buffed up a little bit, while the other acquired more tattoos and created a full sleeve.  They’ve definitely matured with their looks, all very attractive in their own way.  They were good looking before but now they are even more appealing to the eye.   Their fans are lucky people.

One thing I’m most happy about is that Harry has his fringe back.  I was never really there to see him with it, but I’ve seen photos.  It’s nice to see him with his loose, and natural hair.  Harry’s curls show more when he messes it around, no slope that goes up.  He’s a lot more handsome that way, too.

I smiled, “It’s good to see you guys.  I missed you all.” We all pulled in for a hug, all of the boys hugging me tightly.  I struggled to breathe as I stood in the middle of the little circle, but I ignored it.  Our reunion is definitely not like Harry’s and mine, not as intimate, but it works.  It’d be weird if it were like his and mine.  Not to mention Eleanor and Perrie would get angry.

“You look good Rosie.” Louis laughed when we all pulled away.  I tucked a strand of hair behind my ear, shy when he gave me that compliment.  Thanking him, he reacted just the same, grinning.

“Alright, you guys are done.” Harry said, grabbing my hand, pulling me away from my friends.  He started to walk to the front door of his hotel room, waving goodbye to his best friends.  “It’s time to go.”

“Where are we going?” I asked Harry, furrowing my eyebrows as he led me down the hallway with his hand on my back.  “Why are we leaving?”

“We’re going on a date.” He said gleefully, flashing a smile in my direction.  I laughed, and shook away Harry’s sudden action of taking me away from the four boys.  It’s fine though; I really didn’t care where I go.  Anyway, this was a date, how could I turn that down?

“And where are we going on this date?”

“So many questions.” Harry sighed, faking his disappointment.  “It’s a surprise.”

“Do you even know where we’re going?” I wondered, raising an eyebrow.

“Not really…I had to search on the Internet directions.” He laughed nervously, fiddling with his fingers.  I grinned, and put my head down.

Harry and I came close to the elevator, the two of us entering it.  I pressed the button that leads us to the lobby so we could go to wherever Harry wanted to go to.  I’m not a fan of surprises, but whatever he was planning I sure hoped it was good.  I needed a day to have fun, and relax.  Painting all day is fun, but being alone is not.

He and I stood in the elevator in silence, waiting for the doors to open.  As we waited, I felt his hand slowly move its way into mine, grasping it tightly.  Butterflies in my stomach appeared when I felt his fingers entwine with mine, the corners of my lips shyly tilting up into a sweet smile.  The feelings I have right now are the feelings that I never want to go, never want to give up.  The feeling of falling in love, having a crush, and knowing that someone is by your side.  You feel supported, and loved.