Chapter 16

Chapter 16: Third Person

Harry gulped and looked down at the bathroom floor, trying to determine his feelings for Rosie. He had no idea how to answer.  It was a question thrown at him that he hadn't even asked himself. "How do you feel about me?" A question that keeps everyone's tongues tied, and brains closed, unable to answer a straight one.  Harry was confused.

Rosie was scared for what he was going to say.  Her stomach twisted; butterflies were entering her stomach, fluttering around and causing an uneasy and queasy feeling to show, making her feel uncomfortable.  At this moment, she now regretted asking Harry that question, though it was necessary.  She wanted to know, so she would know for herself her own feelings for him. Despite the subject of the question and regression, there were now two problems: Harry's confusion, and Rosalie's sorrow.  Will it ever go away?

They both stood in silence, not paying attention to anything at all.  Though, when Harry shifted his feet and moved eyes back up, Rosalie had to pay attention, for Harry was going to announce what kind of feelings he has for her.  That made her even more nervous.

It was stressful for Rosalie.  Her legs and hands shook, and her breathing was uneven.  When Harry's mouth opened, her fear had increased.  Goosebumps popping out from her skin, and a rush of warm heat was going on her face.  What is Harry going to say?

"Rosie." Harry sighed, his hands going up to wipe his face to erase the nervous sweat that was appearing.  "Rose.  I don't even know.  If I did, I would have already told you how I felt."

"I-um.  Okay." Rosie put her head down, chuckling nervously, smiling to herself a fake smile.  She was disappointed, had hope that he would have said something more...worth hearing.  Rosie was speechless, unable to fully answer him to his answer to her question.  She was still curious, though.  Harry doesn't even know what he feels for her.  It made the hope that disappeared come back.

A knock on the bathroom door interrupted the awkward silence, making the two brunettes turned to the door.  Rosie was speechless, therefore she couldn't reply.  Harry spoke for her, and for himself, "Come in!"

The knob turned, then opened to reveal Niall.  He walked in the room with a nervous smile, his cell phone in his hand.  He flailed his phone in the air, mouth opening so he can say what he came in for, "Harry, Rosie, Simon just called and he wants us all in his office at 4 o'clock.  That's in about 3 hours so some of us will have time to get all...clean and stuff."

"A shower would be nice.  I smell...terrible." Harry chuckled, trying to make a funny statement to ease the tension between him and Rosalie.  It worked a little bit, his little sentence making Rosie chuckle and put her head down.

Rosie brought her head back up, shaking her head, "I take it showers cleanse you then?  I very much am in need of a...um, shower because I have been stuck on an island for years with no way of washing myself besides dirty ocean or lake water.  I probably smell worse than any of you guys."

"Eleanor can help you with figuring out the shower and everything, she's in the living room if you need her," Niall suggested to Rosie, pointing back down the hallway.  

"I can help who with what?" Eleanor appeared behind Niall, her eyebrows scrunched with confusion.  She wanted to know what they were talking about, why they were including her name. She knew she had to help someone, but didn't know who, and for what.

"I need help...with showering." Rosie chuckled, her head looking down.  Her cheeks were blushed a bright red, the awkwardness showing.  Although she had been naked in front of five boys on an island nearly a month and a half ago, she now felt shame with her bare self once she put on clothes.  It also made her feel awkward to be in front of a new friend, completely naked.