CHAPTER 16

The wind howled. When Yan Hui opened her eyes, she had already left that dark cave.

The sky overhead was bright, illuminating her surroundings. However, there was a continuous rumbling. Yan Hui turned her head to look. The mountain in the middle of the lake was slowly collapsing.

Enormous rocks from the mountain tumbled down into the lake. The cacophony of thundering sounds seemed to agitate the lake's undercurrents. They stirred up the lake from its originally clear waters into a muddy pool.

At the moment, she had merely left the cave. She was still standing on the mountain, but she only stayed there for a few moments before the stones threatened to fall onto her. Yan Hui didn't dare stay any longer. She drew qi toward her feet and flew up. However she was still lacking qi. She could only skim across the lake surface for a short distance before falling in with a splash.

Yan Hui struggled in the water for a while before dragging her soaked body out of the muddy water and onto shore.

She laid on the shore and coughed for a long time before sitting up, hugging herself. She gulped in rasping breaths and watched the enormous rocks tumble down the mountain. Then she grinned.

Yan Hui couldn't help feeling happy when she recalled that millennium dragon demon's flabbergasted expression.

She certainly wasn't someone who would just obediently listen to another person's orders.

Yan Hui was secretly delighted. She suddenly heard a low rumble from over there. The earth shook. Even Yan Hui, who was sitting on the shore, felt the tremors. Following the sound, the lake waters that were lapping around her ankles started to retreat.

Yan Hui stared. Her heart was uneasy. She hurriedly clutched her chest and ran up the slope. She stood on high ground and looked back. She saw an enormous whirlpool forming in that direction. It was sucking up all the lake water.

Not long afterwards, there was another rumble. The entire mountain had collapsed, and it sank into the depths of the lake. In the middle of the kicked-up dirt, the lake water that was being sucked in was pushed out by the collapsing mountain. Its destructive power rushed toward the shore.

Fortunately, Yan Hui had already run to higher ground. Otherwise, if she had been enveloped by this kind of wave in her current condition, it would have spelled disaster.

There was no need to think about it. The dragon demon that was still in the mountain was probably already......

Yan Hui frowned. Although the words she spoke in front of the dragon demon were ruthless, if he was really dead, then Zhenren Qi Yun's situation would be hard to fix......

Furthermore, when she thought about it more closely, what Tian Yao said to her in the cave: an enormous moon, a snow-covered mountain, and a person lifting a jian. They all matched her dream......

Also what the dragon demon said about placing a curse on her was a lie.

Before, when she didn't have any magic, the dragon demon said he placed a curse in the mantou, so she had to eat mantou every day so she wouldn't die. She believed him then. But now that her magic was back, she could easily inspect her inner body. Yan Hui realized that disgraceful dragon demon had told a bare-faced lie to her.

Body exploding if she didn't eat mantou? Nonsense He clearly didn't have the power to cast that kind of curse.

Although the dragon demon did cast a curse on her, it was only a small curse to track her whereabouts. The curse had been on her body for too long. In a short while, it wouldn't be removable. However, that didn't matter. It wasn't harming her.