CHAPTER 102

After going to the cold spring, Tian Yao headed towards Yan Hui's courtyard. He looked inside but didn't plan on going in. He saw Huan Xiao Yan and Zhu Li propped up against Yan Hui's window, looking in.

Zhu Li asked Huan Xiao Yan: "Is your illusion magic working?"

Huan Xiao Yan had already grown into a young, elegant lady. Paired against the young Zhu Li, they looked like childhood sweethearts. Huan Xiao Yan harrumphed when she heard Zhu Li's question: "I'm pretty strong now, alright? I might even be able to confuse your king with my illusions. The illusion I'm casting right now will let Master return to the happiest moment in her life. She'll definitely rest well in her dreams tonight."

"What are you making her dream about?"

When they heard Tian Yao behind them, the pair jumped up in fright from the window. Huan Xiao Yan became a little apprehensive when she saw Tian Yao's solemn face. She subconsciously hid behind Zhu Li: "Um.......from a long time ago. It's when Master was being carried back by to Chen Xing Mountian by Zhenren Ling Xiao.......They were walking in the forest, and her Head Senior Disciple was walking along with them too......"

Tian Yao was quiet.

"We're going to go now, so we don't disrupt her dream." Saying that, Huan Xiao Yan grabbed Zhu Li, and they instantly ran away.

Tian Yao quietly stood there for a moment. Then he finally took a step, pushed open the door, and walked into Yan Hui's room. He sat by Yan Hui's bed and used the moonlight through the window to see her face. It seemed like something good was happening in her dream. Her lips were curved into a slight smile, and her deathly pale face finally had a healthy flush.

She was really peaceful in her dream.

Tian Yao couldn't help putting his hand over hear heart. The heart protection scale and neidan in her heart resonated with him. For that moment, his heartbeat and Yan Hui's heartbeat synced together. Tian Yao closed his eyes, and he suddenly entered Yan Hui's dream.

Ling Xiao was giving Yan Hui a piggyback ride, and she quietly laid on his back. Her head rested on his shoulder as he walked on. Walking by them was a young Zi Chen. Whenever Yan Hui looked over, Zi Chen would warmly smile. "Junior disciple, we're about to reach Chen Xing Mountain."

Yan Hui didn't respond, and Zi Chen didn't hold it against her.

The trio continued to walk on the forest path. It was like they were on a never ending trail. Ahead of them, the green of the trees and the brown of the death paled into a white light. They were walking in a glow of light.

Tian Yao took back his hand and opened his eyes. The setting in his mind immediately vanished. Yan Hui still laid on the bed. There was slight wetness in the corner of her eye, which glittered in the moonlight.

Tian Yao curled his finger and lightly brushed against her eye, rubbing away the tear.

He got up and left the room. He stood alone in the courtyard for awhile. The moonlight illuminated his lonely outline.

When Yan Hui woke up the second day, she saw Huan Xiao Yan propped up against her window. "Master, how was your sleep?"

Yan Hui returned to her senses and realized it was all a dream. She was silent, but then she sat up: "It was a lovely dream."

Huan Xiao Yan happily said, "Then tonight I'll continue to cast an illusion for you, okay? Last night you were so happy in your dream."

Yan Hui thought about it for awhile but then shook her head: "No need."

"Why?" Huan Xiao Yan didn't understand at all. "Before when I wanted to let you dream about your Head Senior Disciple, you also refused. It clearly lets you be at east for a little bit........"