CHAPTER 97

Yan Hui immediately reacted: "That just now was an illusion?"

"Of course it was! Everything in this formation is an illusion! It's so real it can almost kill." Huan Xiao Yan slapped away the knife in Yan Hui's hand. "You were about to stab yourself in the heart with the knife just now!"

The knife fell with a clatter. Yan Hui's eyes followed the noise. It was only then that she realized she had been tightly clutching the knife.

Yan Hui was a little fearful of what just happened but at the same time also glad Huan Xian Yan came along. She looked around their surrounds: "Where's Tian Yao?"

Huan Xiao Yan shook her head: "I was only able to call you out of the illusion because I was hidden in your ring. I don't know where he fell. This formation's power is too strong. I think the person who cast it is paying attention to another person. That's why I was so easily able to wake you. As for Dragon Demon Tian Yao...........I'm afraid it's not going well."

Yan Hui clenched her teeth at those words: "We're going to find him."

"Who are you going to find?"

A voice suddenly appeared in the sky. Yan Hui looked up in shock and saw Su Ying standing in that dead enormous tree that was burned 10 years ago. Su Ying looked down at Yan Hui. Compared to her past high and mighty, aloof look, this time the look in her eyes lightly revealed a blaze of hate. It made Su Ying look less like a xian cultivator and more like a demon.

"You want to find the dragon demon?" Su Ying coldly laughed. "There's no need to look. He's right here." Su Ying waved her hand. From the sky came a dragon's roar. An enormous blue dragon suddenly fell from the sky and smashed down onto the ground. His entire body twitched as if in enormous pain.

Yan Hui was stunned: "Tian Yao!"

Su Ying said: "Yan Hui, did you think the dragon demon wholeheartedly treat you well? He protected you up to now, let you enter the demon cultivation pathway, and helped you cultivate. It was all to awaken his neidan's power in your heart, so that he can retrieve it at a suitable time. Did you know that?"

"I knew that."

But what use was know that? Yan Hui also knew how much Tian Yao had suffered these 20 years. She knew how much he hated his powerless self. She knew how much he wanted to gain back his former power. But she also knew that when Tian Yao clearly had the moment to take back his neidan, he said that his body was already complete.

He didn't do anything to harm her.

Yan Hui wasn't dumb. Only a few sentences were needed for her to know what the past Tian Yao wanted. But for her, the current Tian Yao gave it all up.

Su Ying's eyes hardened: "Quite astute, but no matter. In the end, you two won't be able to to escape my formation. A dragon demon with no neidan, and you who doesn't know how to use the neidan's power........" Su Ying disdainfully smirked. "Don't even think about setting a foot outside this formation."

Yan Hui's gaze instantly darkened at those words. A dragon demon without a neidan and her with a neidan........then if she returned the neidan to Tian Yao, then at least he would be able to leave this formation.

Yan His was thinking along those lines and about to take a step forward when suddenly she felt her arm tighten. Yan Hui looked back. For some reason, Huan Xiao Yan's face seemed blurry. It wasn't until Huan Xiao Yan suddenly pinched her that Yan Hui abruptly woke up.

Huan Xiao Yan saw Yan Hui's face was a little blank. Thus she raised her hand and patted Yan Hui's face a couple times: "Master, you were in an illusion again! You can't believe anything in this formation!"