CHAPTER 96

Although Yan Hui and Tian Yao had confessed to each other, they weren't in a rush to further their relationship because of the tense situation between the xian cultivators and the demon clans. Their interactions didn't change from before. Yan Hui cultivated even harder after hearing Tian Yao burned Liu Mu Sheng. She knew Su Ying was going to harbor a grudge over that and sooner or later would seek out Tian Yao for revenge.

But Yan Hui didn't understand: "Why would she trick out and say I was already dead?"

Tian Yao replied: "Probably to make me give up on looking for you. She likely didn't think that Ling Xiao would let you go and let you return to Qing Qiu."

As for why Ling Xiao wanted Yan Hui to stay way from the xian-demon dispute and why Su Ying didn't want Tian Yao to look for Yan Hui, the two of them didn't go into detail.

Tian Yao didn't elaborate his neidan matter with Yan Hui, and she didn't ask him any probing questions. They had their own tacit understanding. No words needed to be spoken in their trust.

Compared to the silent, intense battle preparations by the demon clans, the other side of San Chong Mountain was a mess.

After Su Ying charged into Qing Qiu by herself, the word in the jianghu was Liu Mu Sheng's indescribably tragic death and Zhenren Su Ying's madness. She didn't send out people to seek revenge nor prepare for battle. She just isolated herself in Guang Han Sect and didn't come out of seclusion.

The other leader of the xian cultivators, Zhenren Ling Xiao, was even harder to track down. No one knew where he went. Not a single person in Chen Xing Mountain could find a trace of him.

Of the three leading xian sects, Zhenren Qi Yun and Zhenren Ling Xiao were gone without a trace and Zhenren Su Ying wasn't coming out of seclusion. Thus for now the sects were without a leader. When the demon sects started to attack San Chong Mountain, the sects were practically faced with defeat after defeat. At this time, news came from Central Plains that demons had launched a sneak attack on Chen Xing Mountain.

There were 28 peaks; two of them had been flattened in the battle. None of Chen Xing Mountain's disciples knew which demon did it.

The cultivators in Central Plains were alarmed. After all, Chen Xing Mountain was located in the interior of Central Plains. If the demons could sneak attack Chen Xing Mountain, then what place in Central Plains was safe.......

The demons who received the news were also stumped.

Qing Qiu's king wasn't personally making the decisions for the battlefield. Usually, the country's heir headed the discussion with several princes and then implemented the plan. After the sneak attack on Chen Xing Mountain, the heir asked around who ordered the attack. None of the princes answered. The heir even especially sent people to ask Tian Yao, but naturally the reply was negative.

The news was strange, but in the end, it was something that happened in Central Plains. After a few days, no one cared about it. The demons hoped Central Plain's affair would become messier and messier.

But after those two days, there was more news from Central Plains that the demons couldn't ignore-------

Zhenren Qing Guang had come out of seclusion.

When that intel came out, the disordered xian army immediately calmed down. All of the demons were stunned.

Yan Hui heard the news from Zhu Li. She was stunned and sat there with no reply for a long time.

Zhenren Qing Guang came out of seclusion? How was that possible.........

If it was according to her previous thoughts with Ling Xiao and Su Ying always leading the xian forces against the demons in battle, then Zhenren Qing Guang would always stay in seclusion. It was possible that Ling Xiao and Su Ying kept him imprisoned. But now, Zhenren Qing Guang actually came out.......