EPILOGUE - LASTING AFFECTION 2/2

Yan Hui's eyes lit up at that one word. From outside, Tian Yao's voice was like ice: "Where is the person who told you all this?"

Chi Zhao didn't reply. The pressure from outside started to grow stronger and stronger.

Yan Hui struggled hard in the attendant's arms to make any bit of escape, but the attendant's arms confined her too tight. Yan Hui clawed at his hands and hit his body with her tail. These movements made very small sounds. However, there was a very thick curtain separating her from the rest of the Red Wolves Clan. It was highly doubtful the people outside could hear it.

Suddenly, there was the sound of a light footstep from outside. Yan Hui's ears twitched.

Tian Yao!

Yan Hui's inner voice called out so loudly that she swore even the death could hear it.

There was a second footstep approaching the curtain. Yan Hui's heart started to beat faster, and she could almost feel her eyes becoming warmer. There was no need to make another sound. Just her heartbeat alone would be enough for Tian Yao to hear her.

I returned to find you!

Another step.

Closer and closer. To Yan Hui, these steps were like a call of fate. However to the Red Wolves Clan, those steps were like an overture from the Underworld.

The attendant holding Yan Hui started to sense something wasn't right. He stepped back in preparation to run. But right at that moment, a heat wave rushed in, bringing along with a gust of wind. The heavy tent the Red Wolves Clan resided in was overturned.

That was how Tian Yao's features were unexpectedly revealed to Yan Hui. His head of black hair wasn't there anymore. Instead, it was white hair dusting his temples. It had long circulated around the jianghu that Tian Yao lost his love in his battle with Zhenren Qing Guang. In an instant Tian Yao's hair turned white. Yan Hui never thought that seeing his white hair in person would add so much vicissitude to him.

However he was still as stunning as ever.

The heat of the aura blew the tent completely away and also easily blew away the spell cast on Yan Hui. Her figure blurred, and she was restored back to the appearance of a young girl.

She looked different from her past life. There was nothing in common, but when her eyes met Tian Yao's eyes, the two of them stood in silence.

There was a silent understanding between them, a connection. Even though they had been separated by a reincarnation cycle and large difference in status, it was like that mutual understanding had never gone away.

"Tian Yao......."

Yan Hui only said those two words, but there was a corresponding flicker in Tian Yao's eyes.

Yan Hui wanted to move forward, but the attendant behind her was still holding her neck. Chi Zhao, who was behind Tian Yao, opened her mouth like she wanted to say something. However before she could say anything, there was an invisible force that froze her and the attendant in place.

The attendant's hand that clasped Yan Hui's neck was no longer under the attendant's control. It released its grip on Yan Hui by itself. The attendant couldn't believe that he completely was unable to resist the invisible force. All of the Red Wolves Clansmen including the clan elder were frozen. They lifted off the ground and couldn't channel their magic.

Only Yan Hui stood firmly on the ground. A wave of power rushed out of Tian Yao, blowing away all the Red Wolves clansmen and surrounding objects in an instant. Like dead leaves, they were swept away to unknown parts.