CHAPTER 80

It was halfway through the banquet. Qing Qiu's king put down his jade wine cup. When the cup touched the saucer, it rang with a crisp sound. It was a soft sound, but it spread through the entire tree. Everyone paused in their drinking and looked toward their king.

The moon had reached the top of the tree and just so happened to illuminate the king's back. It was like the Heavens had given him a crown. He was so noble and brilliant that the attendees couldn't look straight at him.

"Qing Qiu hasn't feasted in long while. Nevertheless, we have held a banquet in the middle of war. I feel helpless and ashamed." Qing Qiu's king spoke a few modest phrases. Immediately, some of the clansmen in the lower tiers shook their head in quiet protest.

Qing Qiu's king continued: "50 years ago, the demons and xian cultivators fought. It split the north and south into two parts. Us demons clans and the xian sects had a temporary peace. Although I thought the southwest was a bit desolate, for the sake of peace and our bloodlines, I believed we could live here and quietly cultivate even though we never considered living here before. But now, Central Plain's xian sects no longer want us to live in the southwestern corner to cultivate and grow. They are pressing in and killing our clan members. Their methods are ruthless and extremely malicious."

Qing Qiu's king's tone was always very indifferent. However now, there was a murderous tone that sank into the skin.

Yan Hui recalled Su Ying's method to refine the fox lust fragrance. She felt a little fear because of this murderous tone, but at the same time she couldn't help feeling resentment.

That lofty and untouchable Su Ying acted that way 20 years ago towards Tian Yao. Now 20 years later, she was acting the same way towards other demons. Most likely she would never see a demon's life as truly a life. That's why Su Ying was able to act so maliciously.

The demons sitting in the lower tiers had already long ago held simmering anger towards Central Plain's cultivators. Many of them slapped the tables and smashed the cups in anger.

The crown prince stood up and bowed to the king. Then he immediately turned around and addressed the attendees below: "My clan's soldiers hadn't fought since those 50 years. However, it's not that they cannot fight." He paused then spoke again with ringing words. "Who is willing to join me in crossing San Chong Mountain and fight into Central Plains?"

From below immediately came a deafening cheer.

Compared to the fired-up demons below, the nine-tailed fox demons at the topmost layer seemed very cool-headed. Tian Yao silently sat in the corner and sipped wine.

Yan Hui coldly took in the sight. She finally understood. This banquet was to welcome back the princess in name only. Its true purpose was for the clans to pledge troops.

It was to stir up morale and win over the people's hearts.

It seemed like a large-scale attack from the demons was imminent.

Yan Hui heard the demons start to chant "Vengence" in a heated roar. Her heart was filled with all kinds of emotion. She had cultivated for 10 years under the xian pathway. Now fate pushed her into the middle of a scene of demons pledging troops.

What you encountered in life was truly unpredictable.

Yan Hui raised her eyes and looked toward the distant Xian Ge who was garbed in red. Xian Ge sensed someone was looking at her, and she eyes also moved to look at Yan Hui.  The two of them looked at each other. Xian Ge lightly smiled and waved the cup in her hand. Yan Hui also took up her cup, raised her head, and drank it all in one gulp.

Food and drink had been abundant. The performances had stopped. Qing Qiu's king faded into invisibility. The demon clans left the banquet. The nine-tailed fox demon princes bid each other goodbye and also left.